Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New show coming to Buzzr on February 17...  (Read 28297 times)

Matt Ottinger

Re: New show coming to Buzzr on February 17...
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2019, 10:09:30 AM »
I don't get Buzzr anymore,

If you have internet, you have Buzzr.

http://buzzrtv.com/

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

snowpeck

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2019, 10:16:01 AM »
I don't get Buzzr anymore,

If you have internet, you have Buzzr.

http://buzzrtv.com/

Not to mention the PlutoTV and/or Stirr apps available on multiple devices.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

ScottyJ

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »
Has anyone posted the 4 episodes Buzzr ran yet?  I can't find them anywhere.

jalman

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2019, 03:59:20 AM »
Has anyone posted the 4 episodes Buzzr ran yet?  I can't find them anywhere.
Someone posted links in the link description of this YT video since YT blocked full uploads.
video

EDIT: I posted kind uploader's Google Drive links in Video and Audio Clips section.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 04:11:57 AM by jalman »

ScottyJ

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2019, 12:24:18 PM »
Thank you! Curious that YouTube yanked these so quickly while leaving many other episodes untouched.

chrisholland03

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2019, 01:00:12 PM »
Not really -- they only yanked the episodes they were airing.  In my opinion that was a good strategic move vs yanking all episodes like Sony is known to do.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2019, 02:58:56 AM »
the MGHSH celeb area just looked kinda cheap (flying upper-tier aside) and drab...

Did it really look worse than Break the Bank?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2019, 07:46:54 PM »
the MGHSH celeb area just looked kinda cheap (flying upper-tier aside) and drab...

...yeah I definitely think so. The artsy part of me feels that the celeb area color scheme of MGHS was way too cold with its mid to dark blues and violet. Drab sounds about right.
Break the Bank's color scheme was earthy, but at least felt very warm. And I for one LOVED that big board, didn't look cheap at all IMHO!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2019, 02:33:17 PM »
An answer, please, for someone who does not watch Buzzr regularly, much less figure out their program schedule weeks in advance:  Have they started airing MG/HS regular-like yet, or was that first-week marathon all we've gotten so far?  DO we know when it becomes part of the regular lineup?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TimK2003

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2019, 02:40:34 PM »
An answer, please, for someone who does not watch Buzzr regularly, much less figure out their program schedule weeks in advance:  Have they started airing MG/HS regular-like yet, or was that first-week marathon all we've gotten so far?  DO we know when it becomes part of the regular lineup?

No official word yet.  Maybe once they have 3 or 4 more weeks of episodes digitized...

JMFabiano

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2019, 03:46:24 PM »

...yeah I definitely think so. The artsy part of me feels that the celeb area color scheme of MGHS was way too cold with its mid to dark blues and violet. Drab sounds about right.
Break the Bank's color scheme was earthy, but at least felt very warm. And I for one LOVED that big board, didn't look cheap at all IMHO!

Props to BTB.  AND to the MG/HS set. 

It looked really tiny when it was MG.  But somehow, the camera work makes the Squares panel look larger than it really is. 

And filling the square with the symbol = should have been lifted by a legit HS series. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
An answer, please, for someone who does not watch Buzzr regularly, much less figure out their program schedule weeks in advance:  Have they started airing MG/HS regular-like yet, or was that first-week marathon all we've gotten so far?
That first week is all we've gotten.  Nothing further expected through 3/24.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TimK2003

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2019, 06:00:25 PM »

Props to BTB.  AND to the MG/HS set. 

It looked really tiny when it was MG.  But somehow, the camera work makes the Squares panel look larger than it really is. 

And filling the square with the symbol = should have been lifted by a legit HS series.

Re: The MGHSH set, if you polled people who weren't around when it first came out, most would probably guess it was a Primetime show  -- Dark set and an hour long.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2019, 11:24:21 PM »

No official word yet.  Maybe once they have 3 or 4 more weeks of episodes digitized...

In the Vulture article on the initial batch, Deetjen says they hope to add it to the regular lineup later this year and that they're working on preparing a bigger batch of shows.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.