Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Technical difficulties with Buzzr  (Read 7346 times)

BillCullen1

Technical difficulties with Buzzr
« on: January 28, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »
For the past 24 hours, my Buzzr channel (1265 on Spectrum TV, NYC) has a sign saying they are "experiencing technical difficulties. We are working with the provider to help resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience." All the other channels are broadcasting fine. Anyone else having this on their Buzzr affiliate?

gsfan85

Re: Technical difficulties with Buzzr
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 03:16:35 PM »
I'm visiting Long Island at the moment.  Cablevision Channel 95 saying the same thing.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:27:02 PM »
Looks a-ok on Pluto.
@lambertman

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:33:40 PM »
I watched the end of MG '74 and the first episode of Classic Concentration without any problems this afternoon.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

mmm111

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »
Out since at least Sunday morning on Charter Spectrum (Channel 188, greater NYC area).  Seems to be a WWOR thing.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
As of today, FiOS here in North Jersey says there is nothing being fed. Other WWOR subchannels on their listing say the same.

It needs to be strongly understood here that this is not a good thing for Buzzr. Crippling if left unchecked. You can love or hate GSN all you want, but if Buzzr doesn't step up its business model from these recent problems, we'll be back to one channel for good.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »
It needs to be strongly understood here that this is not a good thing for Buzzr.

We'll get right on that as soon as it's strongly understood that New York, while a big market, is not the center of the universe.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 08:30:24 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

snowpeck

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 07:32:27 PM »
As of today, FiOS here in North Jersey says there is nothing being fed. Other WWOR subchannels on their listing say the same.

It needs to be strongly understood here that this is not a good thing for Buzzr. Crippling if left unchecked. You can love or hate GSN all you want, but if Buzzr doesn't step up its business model from these recent problems, we'll be back to one channel for good.

If there are issues with other subchannels, then it's obviously WWOR's problem, not Buzzr's.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:11:28 PM »
From the Buzzr FB page...

Hello!

For those in the NYC area, there seems to be a technical issue at the local station running our feed. We are aware and are hoping the problems are resolved soon. Thank you for letting us know.

For those curious about Twitch - the channel is down temporally for improvements. We will be back soon, hopefully, better than before!

In the meantime for folks in NYC and for those missing our Twitch stream please visit BUZZRtv.com/watch to catch your #BUZZR shows!

Thanks,
Team BUZZR

mmm111

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 10:57:36 PM »
It seems that all WWOR sub-channels are back up on my provider, including Buzzr.

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 11:28:43 PM »
Our long not-even-close-to-national nightmare is at an end.

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 10:44:37 AM »
Our long not-even-close-to-national nightmare is at an end.

THAT one, at least. For the extreme BUZZR diehards, their nightmares continue........fear of credit crunches removed, fear of fee plugs removed...it's a wonder they can sleep at night!

Brian44

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 12:20:46 PM »
For the extreme BUZZR diehards, their nightmares continue........fear of credit crunches removed, fear of fee plugs removed...it's a wonder they can sleep at night!

And before the advent of BUZZR, the Game Show Fanbois® lost sleep over GSN speeding up the theme and think music.  :-\

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 12:39:43 AM »
Just to make one thing clear, I am by no means a Buzzr "fanboi" or "diehard", nor am I one for GSN, either. (It also doesn't help that FiOS wants me to pay more to see GSN, which is not feasible for me.) So all this "national nightmare" business is a bit extreme.

That said, my main point is that as much as I'd like to see Buzzr succeed and to have two healthy game show network options for many years to come, things like this don't exactly help the cause. The heck with all the nitpicky business about "oh, they're taking credits out, they're speeding up the music, wah wah wah". That's all semantic junk. How about actually producing some first-run original content and trying to get some actual ratings? I've never heard one ratings report on Buzzr since its inception, but we know it's nowhere close to the top 30 ranking that GSN has held in recent years, no matter how much anyone here loves or hates Steve Harvey. Buzzr has done nothing to really truly build a channel. Game show reruns don't carry the same impact as sitcoms and scripted programming on Antenna or other places do, and they never will. If we want more eyes on the network than the people here on this board, get something truly brand new on the channel. Adding another (usually ancient) rerun package of any kind and trying to run on a channel aimed at video game streaming isn't the answer.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 01:17:43 AM »
Just to make one thing clear, I am by no means a Buzzr "fanboi" or "diehard"
<utter fanboi rant deleted>

It's a digital subchannel. More often than not the point is to create content cheaply. That you are not willing or able to put this in context speaks volumes.