Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Technical difficulties with Buzzr  (Read 7278 times)

snowpeck

Re: Technical difficulties with Buzzr
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 01:27:08 AM »
Just to make one thing clear, I am by no means a Buzzr "fanboi" or "diehard", nor am I one for GSN, either. (It also doesn't help that FiOS wants me to pay more to see GSN, which is not feasible for me.) So all this "national nightmare" business is a bit extreme.

That said, my main point is that as much as I'd like to see Buzzr succeed and to have two healthy game show network options for many years to come, things like this don't exactly help the cause. The heck with all the nitpicky business about "oh, they're taking credits out, they're speeding up the music, wah wah wah". That's all semantic junk. How about actually producing some first-run original content and trying to get some actual ratings? I've never heard one ratings report on Buzzr since its inception, but we know it's nowhere close to the top 30 ranking that GSN has held in recent years, no matter how much anyone here loves or hates Steve Harvey. Buzzr has done nothing to really truly build a channel. Game show reruns don't carry the same impact as sitcoms and scripted programming on Antenna or other places do, and they never will. If we want more eyes on the network than the people here on this board, get something truly brand new on the channel. Adding another (usually ancient) rerun package of any kind and trying to run on a channel aimed at video game streaming isn't the answer.

GSN and Buzzr do not compete in the same space, so the comparison about GSN being in the top 30 cable channels has no weight. Secondly, Nielsen only rates a VERY small handful of digital subchannels so ratings generally aren't important to their owners. It's all about how many homes they're in and whether they make a profit on advertising.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

Re: Technical difficulties with Buzzr
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 02:34:10 AM »
How about actually producing some first-run original content and trying to get some actual ratings? I've never heard one ratings report on Buzzr since its inception, but we know it's nowhere close to the top 30 ranking that GSN has held in recent years, no matter how much anyone here loves or hates Steve Harvey. Buzzr has done nothing to really truly build a channel. Game show reruns don't carry the same impact as sitcoms and scripted programming on Antenna or other places do, and they never will. If we want more eyes on the network than the people here on this board, get something truly brand new on the channel. Adding another (usually ancient) rerun package of any kind and trying to run on a channel aimed at video game streaming isn't the answer.
MeTV, Antenna TV, Get TV, and a whole lot of other channels show nothing but reruns from 30+ years ago, and no original content. And they do just fine. They're retro channels, they're not designed to air original content.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!