Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR editing out fee plugs?  (Read 4052 times)

TPIR75

BUZZR editing out fee plugs?
« on: January 12, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »
While going through some recent recordings of various shows I've noticed the fee plugs have been glaringly edited out. Notably this was present for Match Game PM from last weekend, as well as some MG '74 (#120-122), and Super Password from the latest round of episodes.

Possible cost saving measure to allow for more ad time? Kinda interesting that Buzzr's gone from including the mid-show plugs in select Tattletales, MG 74-78 and NYSI, to this.

gamed121683

Re: BUZZR editing out fee plugs?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 01:45:16 PM »
Think you can add “Match Game PM” to the cut parting gifts list.

ivoryman1986

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 07:28:38 PM »
How about Supermarket Sweep Season 3, since that season had all fee plugs shown at once at the end and the earlier episodes of Sale of the Century(especially the rerun mini-mercials) and Color To Tell The Truth. Though for Supermarket Sweep Season 4, the fee plugs were shown in 3 sets and Buzzr shows most of them. Don't be surprised if they pick up the Season 5 episodes(the season that introduced the VHS section, the Candy Corner, International Bread Center, etc.).

Sodboy13

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 12:28:17 AM »
I appreciate Buzzr's decidedly retro content, but I don't think it requires bringing my message board experience back to 2001 along with it.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
Can we not just appreciate that they're running the shows at all without getting nitpicky about 40-year-old product plugs?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 11:17:12 AM »
Agreed.  They're doing 100% better at programming that I like than GSN right now.

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »
Can we not just appreciate that they're running the shows at all without getting nitpicky about 40-year-old product plugs?

Seconded. I'm not thrilled that they're cutting out the panel intros on Blyden's WML, but I'm glad to see it on TV again.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 07:49:09 AM »
Even in the USA game show block days, I always wondered why they showed the fee plugs for products long unavailable.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.