The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Steve Harvey Best Answer Challenge

<< < (6/6)

Sonic Whammy:

--- Quote from: JasonA1 on January 04, 2019, 02:43:47 PM ---And to that original post, I think a lot of the contention with Harvey Feud comes from the fact they're trying so hard to serve up this stuff on a silver platter. The answer "naked grandma" was in response to the question "Name something a burglar would not want to see when he breaks into a house." Perfect! From what I remember of Steve's first year, there was a lot of that fun to go around.

I personally find it funnier when a goofy Hail Mary answer comes at a question that wasn't expecting it, instead of the other way around. The answers aren't "unintentionally honest" when they're the hoped-for punchlines. You'll notice a lot of Match Game's appearances on the clip shows aren't from the questions where "boobs" or "tinkle" was the definitive answer. Some, yes, but far from a majority.

--- End quote ---
Yes, HERE was my point behind this whole challenge. We've been saying a lot about how the questions are extremely skewed to the predictable sexual humor, and none of that makes it on the clip shows save for one Match Game 74 clip. I'm on the record as not being a fan of it, either, and Steve doesn't need that kind of Q&A to kill it. Give me the ones we've mentioned here so far, "Naked Grandma", "Gerbil" (I was trying to remember that one), "Pot-ato", "She's dead" (I got a good laugh on that one), "Pork-upine" and so on. THESE are what I want here, they DO exist, and they're the ones we can look back on and honestly laugh at and enjoy, no matter who's at the podium.

And to that end, I'll add one more that came to me.
Family Fortunes had: "Any part of the body beginning with the letter N" -> "Knee"
Steve had: "A man's name beginning with the letter H" -> "Jose"

rebelwrest:
I'll add a couple of answers that have kept me chuckling.

First of all the crap we give Harvey Feud, how about an answer that's crap:

And I think what makes the next clip so funny is not just the answer is bad, but how she just keeps digging herself in deeper trying to defend it.

parliboy:

--- Quote from: Sonic Whammy on January 02, 2019, 06:34:32 AM ---Here's the hook: Focusing solely on the host, who I get is the one constant every time you watch, makes us lose sight of the fundamental game show truth that he/she is not the star. The game and the contestants are.

--- End quote ---

Going to have to fundamentally disagree with you here.

When Steve Harvey's other operations were focused in the Atlanta area, Family Feud moved to Atlanta.  When Harvey's other operations moved to LA, Feud taped in LA again.

Let that soak in for a second.  The production of the highest rated show in daytime syndication moved, twice, because of the host's other gigs.  If that doesn't tell you who the star is, I don't know what to say.

WhammyPower:
I was reminded of this one watching some compilations:

"Name a place no one wants to admit they are headed."

"Mississippi."

Sonic Whammy:
The black zombies, yes! Another ridiculous one I forgot.

Mississippi I'd match up with the old Dawson question asking what foreign country you'd like to go to. "Pakistan"

And the other day, I hit upon this gem:
Fill in the blank: I will never ______ again.
"Cheat!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version