Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Idiotest episodes headed to Netflix  (Read 1888 times)

BrandonFG

Idiotest episodes headed to Netflix
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:36:22 PM »
Earlier this morning, Ben Gleib Tweeted that episodes of Idiotest are headed to Netflix. I'm not sure if they are new episodes, but I would think we would've heard something about the show going back into production.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

Re: Idiotest episodes headed to Netflix
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 04:05:26 PM »
Alex Davis tweeted that Emogenius is also going on Netflix, existing episodes only.

This thread on some hasty and ill-advised decision making at GSN is worth a read, as well.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:13:11 PM »
Winsanity and Ohno MTWI are up too if you’re so inclined as well.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »
Alex Davis tweeted that Emogenius is also going on Netflix, existing episodes only.

This thread on some hasty and ill-advised decision making at GSN is worth a read, as well.
So when they do actual good game shows they get decent ratings, but one show that falls outside their mandate is the fart in an elevator and instead of realizing that they had one loser to cancel they turf everything?

Way to go, Game Show Network. Way to go.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 01:41:59 AM »

That sucks. I remember watching Chain Reaction '15 and thinking it wasn't gonna set the world on fire, but it also wasn't a bad show at all. It was the kind of lighthearted game show that would've fit in perfectly at 3 in the afternoon.......you know, like how USA did nearly 30 years earlier. :P

I'm actually bummed that GSN threw out the baby with the bathwater just because one show crashed and burned. A two- or three-hour block of originals that offered <$10K each day would've been a nice addition.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!