Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Radio Wheel of Fortune," Apparently  (Read 2047 times)

pacdude

"Radio Wheel of Fortune," Apparently
« on: December 12, 2018, 04:45:15 PM »

JakeT

Re: "Radio Wheel of Fortune," Apparently
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Of-Fortune-Radio-Shows-On-CD-s-Vanna-White-w-Cues-HUGE-Lot-LOW-Price/143046317283?hash=item214e3994e3:g:oWAAAOSwyYFaQxnD

First i've heard of it. Seems to be radio vignettes playing Wheel of Fortune with Vanna?

I seem to believe I have one or two of these...can't even remember how they were played but they were used as morning drive filler on various radio stations...they included a copy of the theme and maybe a few cues...I will have to see if I can dig mine out...

JakeT

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:15:35 PM »
I have a disc from a Radio Wheel of Fortune game featured at one of the stations I worked at, which was a simple word guessing game. The descriptions sound close. This version was released by a firm called Media Leader, and it was a sponsor tie-in with Nexxus hair care products. There were three cuts for each weekday. The first was a produced cut with the theme, the opening WHEEL-OF-FORTUNE chant, an announcer doing a sponsor plug and introducing Vanna, who would come on and read the clue for the game, such as "Today's radio Wheel of Fortune category is (chimes) same name. There are four letters, and the second letter is I. Rogers, Smith, or your own free accord." The theme continued underneath for the local announcer to give the phone number for listeners to call with the answer (5th caller at, etc.) Second cut was a dry reading with Vanna and the clue, no sponsor plug or music. Third cut started with a "correct letter" chime, then the theme and Vanna saying, "That's right...the answer is will. Let's see what you won!" Theme continued for local announcer prize copy read-over. In our case, travel bottles of Nexxus products. Let's see what Jake comes up with. Looks like the ones pictured have the barter spots listed and might have had various prizes. Our version didn't. 

chrisholland03

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 09:02:37 AM »
I remember this, but I mentally had it placed in the mid-90s rather than late 90s.  One of our local stations did it.

jage

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »

mmb5

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 07:53:02 PM »
Still better than radio Body Language.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.