Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century Question  (Read 2088 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

$ale of the Century Question
« on: February 05, 2004, 12:59:11 AM »
Hello everyone!

I was enjoying my recently-received tape of super rare episodes of $ale of the Century, some from very early in 1984. I noticed on the fame game board a card that read "True or False."

Does anyone know about the stipulations that came with that card? Please let me know. Thanks!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 05:16:02 AM »
My guess is if you correctly answer the True/False statement, you win the prize associated with that card.  Since I haven't seen that one, I can't confirm that one.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 09:18:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 05:16 AM\'] My guess is if you correctly answer the True/False statement, you win the prize associated with that card.  Since I haven't seen that one, I can't confirm that one. [/quote]
 It was a chance at $10 toward your score.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 09:30:50 AM »
I've also seen episodes where there was a $5 money card hidden on the Fame Game board (in addition to the $10, $15 and $25), but they never revealed it before-hand, so I don't know if it was there for every episode.

Does anyone know?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 09:41:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 09:30 AM\'] I've also seen episodes where there was a $5 money card hidden on the Fame Game board (in addition to the $10, $15 and $25), but they never revealed it before-hand, so I don't know if it was there for every episode.

Does anyone know? [/quote]
 They might have had the $5 money card on the board before they started revealing where the money card(s) were when they were placed on the board(and that of course began when the player randomly selected a number by pressing their buzzer). I recall also a $5+ card on the bonus, where the player got the $5 on the score plus they got to pick another number, but that was earlier in the run.