Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eggcrate Display Question  (Read 1785 times)

Argo

Eggcrate Display Question
« on: November 28, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if it's been asked before, or if this is widely known, have a question about egg crate displays.

On a lot of shows, the eggcrates used a black background, however others such as TPIR, Password Plus and others, used grey instead. TPIR eventually turned theirs to mostly black (on the original Any Number board, but left them for years on the showcase podiums). Was this merely a set design decision, or limitation of the eggcrate displays, or other reason? I know some shows had different colour backgrounds to match set, but the lit numbers on a grey background just didn't make sense for me, especially when a black background was so much easier to read.

Thanks

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Eggcrate Display Question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »
Joker's Wild had the lights on a beige background. Tic Tac Dough had it on beige for the champion's winnings and black for the pot. Play the Percentages had it on blue. I think it was just what looked best for the set.
Travis L. Eberle

Argo

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »
Yes. The Joker's Wild set I couldn't understand at all. It was almost like trying to look through shredded wheat lol. Also, I can understand the colours to match the set, but the light grey backgrounds just didn't make sense to me. Almost like the White on White for the early Poker Game display on TPIR. Seeing that TPIR changed it on a lot of their games, made me think it was technology improving, or just a set fail being corrected.

Thanks

Neumms

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:38:12 PM »
It was almost like trying to look through shredded wheat lol.

I was thinking woven, but this was funnier. I didn’t have any trouble reading them, even througg the lighter colored weave of the Joker’s Jackpot display, although the light bulbs would get dimmer.