Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "25 Words or Less" a go for Fall 2019  (Read 4165 times)

JakeT

Re: "25 Words or Less" a go for Fall 2019
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »

You would think ABC can replace GMA Day with a daytime Pyramid right now if it wanted to, but will other matters come into play, like demographics?

Or the simple fact that you can't use primetime ratings as a comparison with daytime ratings...completely different audiences with totally different expectations...

JakeT

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 07:17:28 PM »
Much as I'd love to see a game with daytime and prime time editions, who says it has to be Pyramid, or even a revival for that matter?

That said, I imagine ABC will keep GMA Day, because it creates inexpensive in-house entertainment. Same reason I doubt NBC will ever give up any of its Today hours, much as I'd love to see the 10:00 and 1:00 hour go to new games.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 06:03:04 PM »
Bumping this up to note this little nugget from Deadline, which notes that Fox tried to outbid Disney/ABC earlier this year to be the main syndication hub for WOF/J!  …

https://deadline.com/2018/12/extra-goes-wider-on-fox-stations-leaving-longtime-nbc-home-1202521552/

With the "New Fox" (made up of the Fox Network, Fox News Channel and the O&Os) becoming official soon, we're seeing the group becoming a bit more aggressive in recent years picking up shows for the Fall 2019 season, green-lighting "25 Words or Less" and Kelly Clarkson's talk show, as well as getting "Extra" from NBCU. (*)

JD

(*) -- surprising many who thought "Extra" was canceled five years ago :)