Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New site: The Bill Cullen Archive  (Read 3638 times)

Adam Nedeff

New site: The Bill Cullen Archive
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:52:02 AM »
A more detailed explanation can be found on the site, but I've found myself bored with my own Bill Cullen site (I literally cannot remember the last time I really updated it) and Matt Ottinger lost his site through circumstances beyond his control a few years ago. So we've combined resources and merged our resources into one big site, with more updates to come soon.

For now, if you go exploring, you'll find photos, audio, YouTube links, behind-the-scenes stories, fun facts (including kind of a neat tidbit about one of Bill's early lost shows, Matinee in New York. All that, plus a surprisingly thorough episode guide for the NBC years of The Price is Right, straight from the network itself.

Both of us have got our hands on some neat stuff in recent months and are anticipating more, so if you can tolerate the vagueness enough to keep checking the site for updates, we have a lot more to come. We're also digging into newspaper archives more and more, and continue to be amazed at the depth of the man's work and the fact that there's still info out there waiting to be found. Enjoy the site, and check for updates now and then.

http://www.billcullen.net/

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Re: New site: The Bill Cullen Archive
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »
I'm here at work and dang...so much being at all productive this morning. Fantastic stuff!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:38:46 AM »
Congratulations to you both! And thanks!
czambo@mac.com

DoItRockapella

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:54:33 PM »
Great site, and thank you also for providing an explanation for what happened to Matt's sites (I was trying recently to find the Game Show Home Game Home Page).

BTW - bought a copy recently of Adam's book Game Shows FAQ. Excellent work.

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 01:30:18 AM »
Very nice indeed. A tribute well done. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it an 11. Thanks for sharing.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »
Nice to have a Cullen resource back. Between the two of you, Adam and Matt, Bill's legacy is in great hands on a well done site. Congratulations.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »
(I was trying recently to find the Game Show Home Game Home Page).

There is an early-stages plan to take care of that too.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

pacdude

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
Matt, let me know if I can render my services. I'd love to help you make that a really great asset once again. I loved poring through that site.

Sodboy13

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 03:37:23 PM »
And I have a couple dozen games, some of which weren't on the old GSHGHP, so if you'd like me to put in work on pages for them, just let me know.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation