Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Standards and Practices hypothetical  (Read 1788 times)

SuperMatch93

Standards and Practices hypothetical
« on: November 10, 2018, 02:51:13 PM »
A few years ago, this situation popped into my head as a hypothetical scenario that a show like Jeopardy! may well have to face someday, and I was curious if protocols regarding this existed, but I never bothered to post about it because it seemed rather far-fetched at the time. Nevertheless, I have to wonder what would happen in this situation:

If a contestant on a quiz show was discovered to have taken Adderall right before their appearance, would Standards and Practices be likely to disqualify them on the grounds of using performance-enhancing drugs?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

chrisholland03

Re: Standards and Practices hypothetical
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 06:16:16 PM »
Wheel had no issues with a crackhead winning a decade or so ago.

JakeT

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 06:31:53 PM »
Wheel had no issues with a crackhead winning a decade or so ago.

Did my appearance finally air?  HAAA!!

**I keed...I keed!**

JakeT

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 09:35:55 PM »
In an attempt to give this question a serious answer, the official rules of WWTBAM said nothing about "performance-enhancing drugs", and I can't imagine another game show would either. Quizzing is not a physical sport, and there's a difference between Adderall and Google.

WWTBAM did however have a rule regarding the taking of any medication in the studio. I was told I couldn't even have ibuprofen.

So long story short, Adderall may be disallowed on studio grounds, but if it ran afoul of any rules, it wouldn't be S&P related.