Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration Technology  (Read 2240 times)

tvmitch

Classic Concentration Technology
« on: November 02, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »
On the first CC episode that Buzzr ran on Thursday 11/1, there was a bit of glitching that made the prize cards hard to read. Happened in the first part of the show, and continued in the second half...seems like something that could have been fixed on a stop down.

Made me curious about the technology that drove the prize card grid, and what would have caused that glitch. Wondering if anyone knows more about this. Seeing later episodes of the show on YouTube, the numbers seemed to open up faster, but I don’t know if that improvement had anything to do with the prize card grid or if they were separate.
You should follow me on Twitter

tyshaun1

Re: Classic Concentration Technology
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:49:06 PM »
There's a pic on the 'net that shows one monitor for the numbers and one for the prizes, indicating they were on 2 different computers. I saw the episode in question and me thinks it was likely some RF interference. Seemed to be fixed by the Car Round.

Tyshaun

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 04:52:12 AM »
I couldn't tell you where I remember reading this, but I agree with the above post that it was two computers, and if memory serves me correctly they were Commodore Amigas.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
I couldn't tell you where I remember reading this, but I agree with the above post that it was two computers, and if memory serves me correctly they were Commodore Amigas.
According to this post from the archive, they were actually IBM AT's.

tvmitch

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 06:14:09 AM »
According to this post from the archive, they were actually IBM AT's.
Thanks Nicholas, I had recalled seeing that post before but didn't remember where.
You should follow me on Twitter

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 05:23:24 AM »
Oh nice, thank you for the correction.