Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michael Richards thinks we're stupid  (Read 3573 times)

whewfan

Michael Richards thinks we're stupid
« on: October 16, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »
TPIR's Facebook page showed a clip of Laura, who was shown running outside of the studio, then running around the studio and back inside. Drew explained "If you noticed an edit, it's because Laura ran outside the studio..."

So let me get this straight... Mike Richards... you expect us to believe that this contestant, without any knowledge of the layout of the building, ran outside, then around the perimeter of the studio,where there were also cameras, then back inside... DO YOU HONESTLY THINK WE ARE THAT STUPID?!

Come on! We know when you're trying to create spontaneous moments rather than let them happen naturally! Stop insulting our intelligence!!

urbanpreppie05

Re: Michael Richards thinks we're stupid
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:28:05 PM »
Woosh.

Clearly this joke went over your head. Because that’s what this was...a joke. Not “creating” a viral monement, just a joke.
insert signature here

whewfan

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »
Well, joke or not, call me a prude... not funny to me.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »
How does being a prude enter into it? It doesn't sound like the bit was risque at all.

For as much as you enjoy or think of yourself as immersed in comedy you do seem to have trouble recognizing it, at least around these parts. Just some food for thought.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 07:33:11 PM »
I don't think you're a prude. I think you're taking your game shows a little too seriously.

Yes, it was staged. You probably caught that the moment she ran down the steps and the audience stopped cheering. No, they don't think viewers are stupid. It's just a silly gag. Just have fun with it and don't think so much. They didn't manufacture the moment; they had fun with an excited contestant. It didn't even go on the air this way.

/Saw the topic and wondered why Cosmo Kramer thinks we're stupid
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
Um...having watched the show, there was no edit. She just ran around the back of the studio instead of coming straight down from where she was. Drew made the edit comment in real time of the show as a joke and they produced that bit after the fact specifically for social media because he said that. The edit is the bit.

Honestly, it was cute of them to use her for that and extend her spotlight time on the show.

But yeah, no. The show doesn't expect you to believe that. They expect you to laugh because it's ridiculous. The spontaneous moment was her running around in the first place.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

whewfan

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 10:45:13 PM »
Ok... from now on, before I judge a clip TPIR puts on Facebook, it's a good idea for me to watch the actual show first. I did think they were trying to create a spontaneous moment, not simply having a little fun with the contestant whom went along with the joke. Now that I've seen the actual version on cbs.com, Drew's comment about her "leaving the studio then coming back" was just a response to her taking the longer route to come on down, and then the crew thought it would be fun to add the bit in for Facebook. So now, I can see the humor and intent of the FB video.

If FB existed when Password Plus was on the air, the France/French incident would've had Betty, Dick, Tom, and contestants actually getting up and leaving, going through NBC Burbank studios, maybe making a walk on The Tonight Show, then through Wheel of Fortune, etc.

pacdude

Re: Michael Richards now has proof some of us are stupid
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 07:23:05 AM »
The fact that you don’t see the contestant’s face clearly nor does she even have the same shirt on during the exterior shots should showcase the fact it was a joke from the get.

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »
I suppose for legal reasons, they couldn't actually have the contestant do all that running, so they got someone that kind of looked like her to do that. Either that, or they thought of the idea after the show was over so she wouldn't have been available.

pacdude

Re: Michael Richards knows we're stupid
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 09:55:22 AM »

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
Either that, or they thought of the idea after the show was over so she wouldn't have been available.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 01:15:15 PM »
Jesus Christ, Matt, just stop.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 01:40:20 PM »
I suppose for legal reasons
Exactly what legal reasons would those be?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

whewfan

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 04:45:12 PM »
I'm sorry, just over analyzing things. It was just a silly Facebook video and nothing more.