Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rafferty's Card Sharks returns to Buzzr  (Read 3873 times)

BillCullen1

Rafferty's Card Sharks returns to Buzzr
« on: October 16, 2018, 02:56:37 PM »
According to a promo on Buzzr, Rafferty's SC will replace Eubanks CS starting October 22 at 4:30 pm ET.

Speaking of Eubanks' CS, there was a mistake during the Money Cards round on the 10/15 show. The lady was on the 2nd level with $600 and an Ace. She said "All of it HIGHER." Nothing is higher than an Ace. Eubanks just went on, the producer didn't say anything. They gave her the $600. Lady ended up with $1,800, they went to a commercial. I'm figuring they have to give an explanation for this. When they came back, Eubanks just brought out the next contestant. No explanation. They might have snipped it out. But I find this unusual since Goodson shows are mostly sticklers for the rules.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Re: Rafferty's Card Sharks returns to Buzzr
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »
Looks like on 11/29 we're back to the Eubanks 1/6/86 premiere. I'm still pretty new to Buzzr, have they aired Rafferty's version in the past and only showed this handful?

ivoryman1986

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:28:16 PM »
Looks like on 11/29 we're back to the Eubanks 1/6/86 premiere. I'm still pretty new to Buzzr, have they aired Rafferty's version in the past and only showed this handful?
Sadly yes, before then, Buzzr will again show the May 7-9, 1986 episodes this coming week. Jamie, I'm sure you have a lot more CBS Card Sharks episodes in your collection than the no. of episodes Buzzr has shown so far.

JMFabiano

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
According to a promo on Buzzr, Rafferty's SC will replace Eubanks CS starting October 22 at 4:30 pm ET.

Speaking of Eubanks' CS, there was a mistake during the Money Cards round on the 10/15 show. The lady was on the 2nd level with $600 and an Ace. She said "All of it HIGHER." Nothing is higher than an Ace. Eubanks just went on, the producer didn't say anything. They gave her the $600. Lady ended up with $1,800, they went to a commercial. I'm figuring they have to give an explanation for this. When they came back, Eubanks just brought out the next contestant. No explanation. They might have snipped it out. But I find this unusual since Goodson shows are mostly sticklers for the rules.

Also happens on the first Rafferty episode.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 06:19:25 PM »
How different would the totals have been if she had said what she meant?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 06:34:33 PM »
How exactly could you be a stickler for a mathematically impossible scenario? "Higher than an Ace? Nooooo, it's a 9!" (fail horns) strikes me as bad television.

If it's a King, I get it, but as you mentioned, nothing is higher than an Ace, so just treat it like a slip of the tongue and keep going. I seem to remember there being an occasion where either Jim or Bob said something along the lines of "since you  can't go higher than an Ace/lower than a deuce, how much would you like to bet?", and the emphasis was more on the wagered amount.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Flerbert419

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:43:10 PM »
If it's a King, I get it, but as you mentioned, nothing is higher than an Ace, so just treat it like a slip of the tongue and keep going.

Not always!