Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration NBC re-runs  (Read 2253 times)

cmjb13

Classic Concentration NBC re-runs
« on: October 11, 2018, 12:59:43 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after Classic Concentration was cancelled in 1991, they had reruns on NBC until 1994

1. Were those 3 years of re-runs in the same time-slot as the first run airings?

2. What years were the re-runs from?

Thanks.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

snowpeck

Re: Classic Concentration NBC re-runs
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:25:12 PM »
Not sure what years the reruns were from, but the first-run airings finished in the 11:30 a.m. Eastern slot. The reruns started at 11 a.m. and eventually moved to noon.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Scrabbleship

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:47:57 PM »
Not sure what years the reruns were from, but the first-run airings finished in the 11:30 a.m. Eastern slot. The reruns started at 11 a.m. and eventually moved to noon.

The first year or so of reruns were from the last year and change of the run, roughly starting when they went to the "two strikes" format. They then went back to the first season, probably after the plans to restart new episodes was shelved.

By the time that the reruns started, NBC pretty much had no qualms about when their shows aired. KNBC aired the reruns at 3:05 AM and were not the only station to do so while WNBC was able to air them on a prefeed at 9:00 AM.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
The first year or so of reruns were from the last year and change of the run, roughly starting when they went to the "two strikes" format. They then went back to the first season, probably after the plans to restart new episodes was shelved.
The 1987 shows also had their fee plugs edited out, and it seems the repeats never touched 1989 at all.

By the time that the reruns started, NBC pretty much had no qualms about when their shows aired. KNBC aired the reruns at 3:05 AM
I'm afraid you kinda mangled the link there. Here's the print ad in question.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:07:57 PM »

This sounds about right. I remember seeing reruns in Dallas in summer 1993, and seeing the first anniversary episode. IIRC, it aired there at 10 or 10:30 am Central, right before Caesar's Challenge.

WAVY aired episodes at 3 pm for a short time in fall 1991, before replacing them with Jenny Jones. I was surprised to see it still airing when I traveled to Maryland a few months later.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!