Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Double Dare question  (Read 1620 times)

adamjk

Family Double Dare question
« on: February 03, 2004, 08:03:15 PM »
I was watching a very early Family Double Dare rerun on Nick Gas just now,(as it had the 3 digit scoreboards), and I noticed something strange regarding the logo in front of Marc's podium. During the show, the logo was sorta light bluish I guess you could say, but then when they were showing a prize before the obstacle run, I noticed that the logo on the podium almost looked purple. Can anyone explain this change of color?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 08:09:43 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 06:03 PM\'] During the show, the logo was sorta light bluish I guess you could say, but then when they were showing a prize before the obstacle run, I noticed that the logo on the podium almost looked purple. Can anyone explain this change of color? [/quote]
 My guess is that the various and sundry changes in the lighting necessary to convert the studio over from "shooting the stage" to "shooting the obstacle course" caused the reflective change you are noticing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gsfan85

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 10:00:04 PM »
Actually, I know what you're talking about:

The prize plugs during the course are shot previously (obviously).  At the time they shot the plug with Robin and/or Jamie, the logo was not painted on the podium yet, and it was still purple from previously on the Super Sloppy version.

On the other episodes from the 1990 season when they have the 4 number score displays (which is every episode of the season except 4), the logo has a red outline, and the Family Double Dare logos on the players podiums are dark green.  While they were previously light green, in prize plugs you can see on some of them that they are light green, proving they are taped previously.

Hope that helps!
Adam