Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 9/17 TPIR taping report  (Read 7778 times)

Brian44

Re: 9/17 TPIR taping report
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 05:42:27 PM »
--in the showcases, when Bob accidentally revealed the ARP of the top winner's showcase instead of her bid

Hopefully that was after both contestants made their bid...

Yes, it was, right after the commercial break.

Sorry, should have said "instead of repeating her bid."

Unrealtor

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 07:26:06 PM »
I believe Jeopardy, Wheel and Family Feud come as close to "live to tape" as you can get these days, based on what a friend who lives in California told me.

From the perspective of sitting in the audience and not really watching the clock, Jeopardy and Price felt similar. When the camera was on, it was straight through except when something required stopping, and the breaks between acts felt like they ended when the production was ready rather than being timed to the second. Jeopardy needs a lighter hand on editing for time because everything about the game is timed, but there were moments when it was apparent that they were recording filler just in case they ran short (I think they recorded 20-30 seconds at the end of act 2 after Alex wrapped for all of the games I saw, but only a couple makes it to air most days.)
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

ITSBRY

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »
For those who had the pleasure of seeing "classic" TPIR in person, was there as many stoppages during tapings?

I went to a 2007 taping in Bob’s last season. It was a well oiled machine! We were in and out in about an hour. After the show, Bob stepped back stage for a few pickups and that was it. I can remember being very impressed with how efficiently they cranked that show out.

Argo

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
Just as a viewer, I'm easily irritated by the more recent years of the show, which is why I don't watch regularly anymore. Even with all the editing, music looping and fades off of the first 4 contestants, people "came on down" faster with no BS years ago. Now they have to "high-five" everybody and stuff when their name is called. Years ago, they didn't need to loop the opening part of "Walking", which I still can't get over why someone was allowed to do it, and they think is a good idea. It just sounds like they ran out of music, especially when they started doing it on the old "Walking".

I'm irritated by a lot more things too so not just TPIR lol. What most of society has become is the biggest irritation, but anyway, not much I can do about it lol.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »
What most of society has become is the biggest irritation, but anyway, not much I can do about it lol.

Yeah you can. Vote.

/lol
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:49:10 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 01:08:02 PM »
I was going to say that he should buy a box seat at the theater balcony and find a friend with similar gripes and just camp out there.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 01:52:55 PM »
Just as a viewer, I'm easily irritated by the more recent years of the show, which is why I don't watch regularly anymore. Even with all the editing, music looping and fades off of the first 4 contestants, people "came on down" faster with no BS years ago. Now they have to "high-five" everybody and stuff when their name is called. Years ago, they didn't need to loop the opening part of "Walking", which I still can't get over why someone was allowed to do it, and they think is a good idea. It just sounds like they ran out of music, especially when they started doing it on the old "Walking".

I'm irritated by a lot more things too so not just TPIR lol. What most of society has become is the biggest irritation, but anyway, not much I can do about it lol.
I see what you mean, but when I watch I've learned to just tune some of it out and realize the pros outweigh the cons. The last few years of Barker were pretty dull and generic compared to the '80s and '90s, although the high-fives existed then too. All that being said, I think the show has finally found the right balance compared to Drew's early years (remember "Fried chicken! Fried chicken! Fried chicken!").

I could do without the cheering for everything and the audience/contestant shenanigans, but that's daytime TV as a whole. Shows like The Talk are just as annoying.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Argo

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 10:00:22 PM »
I was going to say that he should buy a box seat at the theater balcony and find a friend with similar gripes and just camp out there.

ala Statler and Waldorf? Already done ;)

And before anyone jokes, yes I'm in therapy, but once a week isn't enough I don't think.

I've grown old a lot faster than I originally planned on lol.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 07:28:28 PM »

Or find someone to do a revival of Faux Pause with.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 03:12:02 PM »
ala Statler and Waldorf? Already done ;)

And before anyone jokes, yes I'm in therapy, but once a week isn't enough I don't think.

I've grown old a lot faster than I originally planned on lol.
I take therapy very seriously. We do lots of kidding around here, but self-care is vital and I am glad that you are taking proper measures.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
I take therapy very seriously. We do lots of kidding around here, but self-care is vital and I am glad that you are taking proper measures.

Ditto.

Going back to the OP, it's good to see that they have another male model, but it'd be nice to see if they could get someone as good as the male models on Sale were.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TimK2003

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 07:42:22 PM »

Ditto.

Going back to the OP, it's good to see that they have another male model, but it'd be nice to see if they could get someone as good as the male models on Sale were.

Once James started appearing on TPIR as their male model, I was always asking myself why looked so he awkward, even though I have seen the male models on $ale for years.  Then it finally dawned on me that the $ale models were usually acting out a scene during the prize description and not necessarily modeling it and/or pointing and waving like James and the new guy (Devin) do on Price.