And then there was one.........

GSN's online schedule from their web site lists a weekday morning change:

8am-10am: Match Game
10am-noon: Deal or No Deal

Too bad there's nowhere else to go to watch classic game shows. :P

daveromanjr:
WTF

Scrabbleship:
The one thing about this that has me somewhat down is the elimination of Pyramid from their schedule. I don't think it would be gone for that long, IIRC the longest GSN has gone without airing any form of Pyramid was just over one year in the 2007-08 time frame.

I sometimes wonder if GSN is aware of the work Buzzr is doing and is packing it in and if so what harm would setting up an OTT service, perhaps using Sony's Crackle, as a venue for the massive library of classic game shows that are just gathering dust. Or given the deal putting Jeopardy! on Hulu, possibly do with Hulu what Buzzr has done with Prime Video and put on an assortment of their core classics (WoF, J!, Pyramid, NG, DG, maybe TJW/TTD). At this point, even that would be better than what GSN has devolved into.

gamed121683:

--- Quote from: Scrabbleship on September 20, 2018, 08:38:41 AM ---I sometimes wonder if GSN is aware of the work Buzzr is doing and is packing it in...

--- End quote ---

I have as well. I know when most of us heard that BUZZR scored Classic Concentration, most of us were saying something to the effect of “GSN should throw in the towel, BUZZR has won!” Little did we know that they’d actually do it. In the risk of sounding melodramatic, this feels like the end of an era.

Chief-O:

--- Quote from: Scrabbleship on September 20, 2018, 08:38:41 AM ---The one thing about this that has me somewhat down is the elimination of Pyramid from their schedule. I don't think it would be gone for that long, IIRC the longest GSN has gone without airing any form of Pyramid was just over one year in the 2007-08 time frame.

I sometimes wonder if GSN is aware of the work Buzzr is doing and is packing it in

--- End quote ---

I'm a bit surprised GSN is keeping MG (and all the Harvey "Feud"). Fremantle doesn't own "Pyramid", so it's not like Buzzr will run it anytime soon. I do have to wonder why they're sitting on so much of the Sony-owned stuff; granted, you do have WOF, J!, "Pyramid", "Gong", and TJW all in first-run these days, and I wonder if they don't want to air old shows alongside (shades of what is allegedly keeping old TPIR off the air, even on Buzzr).

--- Quote from: gamed121683 on September 20, 2018, 05:31:52 PM ---I have as well. I know when most of us heard that BUZZR scored Classic Concentration, most of us were saying something to the effect of “GSN should throw in the towel, BUZZR has won!” Little did we know that they’d actually do it. In the risk of sounding melodramatic, this feels like the end of an era.

--- End quote ---

In all honesty, one of my first thoughts when Buzzr scored CC was, "maybe, perhaps, NBC decided to sell it lock-stock-barrel to Fremantle". I wouldn't know if that *was* the case, but nonetheless, that was a heck of a scoop on Buzzr's part. Now if Buzzr lands "Scrabble", I guess we can finally stick the fork in GSN. I have a small feeling that that subject will be more a matter of "when", and not "if".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version