Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Snap Decision and Emogenius return to GSN  (Read 3844 times)

Trisscope

Snap Decision and Emogenius return to GSN
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:41:33 AM »
GSN is airing Emogenius and Snap Decision weekends at 3 and 3:30 AM starting today (Saturday night/early Sunday). These are all new episodes. Emogenius only aired 20 of its 40 episodes initially and Snap Decision is starting Season 2. All these originals deserve better than being relegated to these late night slots.

BillCullen1

Re: Snap Decision and Emogenius return to GSN
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:16:58 AM »
GSN is airing Emogenius and Snap Decision weekends at 3 and 3:30 AM starting today (Saturday night/early Sunday). These are all new episodes. Emogenius only aired 20 of its 40 episodes initially and Snap Decision is starting Season 2. All these originals deserve better than being relegated to these late night slots.

I agree. If you've got new episodes, you should show them in a time where they would get the most exposure, not in the wee hours. I also think Divided and Winsanity are decent shows, but GSN is showing them at 3 am during the week. The West Coast sees them at midnight. I get the feeling GSN is just burning off these shows.

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 05:56:57 AM »
So, it's a case of buying these shows, choosing them over other shows that fought hard to make the cut to be produced, and then having GSN decide they don't want to do a thing with them?

I would get that if it was one show in particular, that they were having buyer's remorse over...but this makes now 4 original shows they've done this to, 3 of which picked up for their 2nd season.

Can someone from GSN explain this logic ??? Do they want to be in the original programming biz or not?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 01:56:29 PM »
On the first Emogenius on Sat/Sun, one of the subjects was "Mafia" which surprised me as being on a show in 2018, with political correctness and all. I wasn't offended, just surprised.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:12:22 PM by BillCullen1 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »
Can someone from GSN explain this logic ??? Do they want to be in the original programming biz or not?
A double-run of Idiotest is on every day at two in the morning. With all of the original programming that was greenlit and then everything thrown out in one fell swoop my guess is was a change at the top of the food chain, then the realization that they had all of this content paid for and made, so may as well use it. I don't particularly care when it airs since I have a DVR box, but it's certainly not the way to get channel-surfers to fluke into watching and sticking around.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »
On the first Emogenius on Sat/Sun, one of the subjects was "Mafia" which surprised me as being on a show in 2018, with political correctness and all. I wasn't offended, just surprised.

As long as it wasn't being used derogatorily towards Italians in general, I don't see much of a problem.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 04:29:05 PM »
Is that really politically incorrect though? I know there's the story of NBC censoring references to the mafia, but it's not like it's a slur, that I know of.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
I'm Italian, and I have no idea why that would offend anyone or why anybody would even think it would.