Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS Hoste Who Finished Their Careers In Other Game Show Positions.  (Read 5246 times)

whewfan

Re: GS Hoste Who Finished Their Careers In Other Game Show Positions.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »
A friend of mine was doing a back-and-forth naming of former game-show hosts who ended their careers in other game-show-related positions and came up with a laundry list of people, mostly hosts becoming announcers. 

Some of which include:

Gene Wood -- Hosted Beat The Clock, and An6thing You Can Do, but finished as an announcer for G-T (was Combs Feud his last gig?)

Jack Clark -- Hosted Cross-Wits, finished as a rotating announcer on $xxx,000 Pyramid (?)

Jack Narz -- Hosted Dotto and Beat The Clock, finished as an announcer on All-Star Beat The Clock.

Others?

Could have sworn Gene Wood last true announcing gig was The Family Challenge w/ Ray Combs and Michael Burger.

Gene Wood announced for the Ray Combs version, and was his last regular gig. I believe Randy West announced for the Michael Berger version.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 08:56:26 PM »
I believe Randy West announced for the Michael Berger version.

Charlie Glaize was the regular announcer for the Michael Burger version. Randy announced a Family Challenge Ice Capades special that was hosted by Ray Combs.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TimK2003

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 11:06:44 PM »
Ralph Edwards went from T or C host, to game show producer.

Jim McKrell went from host to announcer, replacing Joe Alaskey on Couch Potatoes.