Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Make A Deal issues  (Read 4157 times)

jimlangefan

Let's Make A Deal issues
« on: September 06, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »
Quick question.  I've been hearing that LMAD isn't airing on BUZZR because of the same reasons TPIR isn't airing in reruns, because CBS isn't allowing them to do it right now.  Has anyone else heard this? 
TV's Big Dealer

cmjb13

Re: Let's Make A Deal issues
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 02:29:28 PM »
Not sure about LMAD, but Roger D. did have an interesting Facebook quote about Price re-runs some time ago
"I believe that as long as Bob is with us, they will not be showing episodes with fur coats (which were 2 or 3 per week when we had them). In regards to Holly, Bob never had a restriction about episodes with her in them...you might think we did but that was because we didn't like showing her when we had a primetime special and old clips were shown. We felt she caused a lot of harm to our show and we felt that is was inappropriate to include her in a special that celebrated the show. However, this whole question might be mute, because I do not think old Price Is Right episodes were included in the deal. It is my guess that Fremantle is still holding back on them in order to get more money for them. They were pulled years ago from the gameshow network because that network didn't want to pay higher fees. There is also a crazy theory floating around that Fremantle doesn't want to show the old episodes of Bob because it would make Drew Carey look bad and hurt the daytime show.

I personally believe we are long past the point of CBS caring if the Barker reruns will bite into the Carey audience.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 03:50:33 PM »
I'd much rather see Buzzr bring what Cullen TPIR episodes are left to the schedule.  Those were fun to watch in the GSN days.

Considering the recent moves by Buzzr in the last few days, perhaps Original Price might be a possibility in the near future.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
Not sure about LMAD, but Roger D. did have an interesting Facebook quote about Price re-runs some time ago

I don't know the reason(s) for the lack of TPIR or LMaD on Buzzr, but the "Fremantle is holding out for more money" theory doesn't hold up now that the discussion is about a network owned by Fremantle.

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 07:18:29 PM »
I don't know the reason(s) for the lack of TPIR or LMaD on Buzzr, but the "Fremantle is holding out for more money" theory doesn't hold up now that the discussion is about a network owned by Fremantle.

Agreed. If I was a Buzzr exec, I'd fight for those two shows to go on the schedule. Monty is well loved and Barker has a huge fan base, most of whom don't know and/or care about his off-stage behavior.

arrowood20

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »
I believe CBS has part ownership in TPIR, but not LMAD. They have a say in whether or not reruns are seen anywhere. However, they don’t have ownership of the Hall LMAD episodes, so they can’t control what is done with them. Both shows are doing extremely well for CBS, so I have a hard time believing that they will be hurt any by 40+ year-old reruns of either. I also don’t think Buzzr could have aired LMAD as long as they did without CBS being aware of it.  That said, the only people who know the real reasons behind TPIR not being seen are within CBS and Fremantle.

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
In all of the years I was at the studio, I never heard CBS owning any amount of the show. Doesn’t mean it’s not the case.

I had heard that CBS does have a lot of pull since the show tapes in their building and stores the shows games on their lot and airs the show on their network.

Didn’t Barker say after he retired that he hopes the show goes on and on saying that he would be paid? I thought there was a rumor many years ago that Barker owned a piece of the show?

Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 10:01:32 PM »
I believe CBS has part ownership in TPIR

I have never heard a single thing that would make me believe this was true.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 04:49:09 PM »
Mute?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.