Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 70s TTTT coming to Buzzr.  (Read 21058 times)

BillCullen1

Re: 70s TTTT coming to Buzzr.
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »
Perhaps an exception to the recent rules, the 3pm ET airing of WML on 10/12 featured an uncut opening...First guest was related to one of the first domestic VCRs and the "secret" was they just recorded the intro from that VCR and played it back. 

When I saw the opening, I thought for a brief moment "Wow! They're showing the full intro. Buzzr's had a change of heart." But no, the intro was shown because that's what was on the video cassette of the first guest. Oh well, at least we saw it for one show.

Having been to tapings of WML at NBC, I know there were three commercial breaks, one after each guest, or "spot." With Who's Who, they announced what prize those people won (also being cut) and went straight into the MG. During Blyden's run, WML taped mostly in Studio 8H, now home to Saturday Night Live.

BillCullen1

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2018, 07:24:59 PM »
Sure enough, we're back to the chopped opening of WML. Soupy Sales is good at guessing the MGs. Today he got Henry Gibson in less than a minute. Friday, he got Jack E. Leonard in about 10 seconds.

TTTT started a new week today (10/15) with guest panelist Orson Bean, who was a regular during the first season of this version. He's wearing glasses, which I never saw him do before, as far as I can remember.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2018, 07:49:42 PM »
Sure enough, we're back to the chopped opening of WML. Soupy Sales is good at guessing the MGs. Today he got Henry Gibson in less than a minute. Friday, he got Jack E. Leonard in about 10 seconds.

TTTT started a new week today (10/15) with guest panelist Orson Bean, who was a regular during the first season of this version. He's wearing glasses, which I never saw him do before, as far as I can remember.

Orson Bean with glasses isn't as out there as Orson Bean with long hair, as was seen two hours earlier on MG '76.

BillCullen1

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »
The new  WML panel consists of Allen Ludden, Gail Sheldon, Soupy and Arlene, with Johnny O announcing. Gail was on Beat the Clock.

BillCullen1

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »
This week's guest panelist on TTTT is Joe Garagiola, who would go on to be the host. The new WML panel which started on Wednesday has Anita Gillette and Jack Cassidy joining Soupy and Arlene.

EDIT - Thursday's guest panelist on TTTT was James Narz, aka Tom Kennedy. IIRC, this was the one time he vas on. Garry introduced him as the host of Split Second. There's a blast from the past.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:24:06 PM by BillCullen1 »

BillCullen1

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2018, 08:54:57 PM »
Today's ep of TTTT featured popcorn guru Orville Redenbacher. Everyone raved about his popcorn, including guest panelist Joe G and Garry. All four panelists voted for 1. Orville was number 3.

BillCullen1

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »
Today's ep (10/9) was the stroganoff food show where Garry jokingly tells the panel they're eating dog food. The look on Kitty's face was priceless. She said it tasted good but it was a bad idea. Gene Rayburn was the guest panelist sitting in the chair closest to Garry.

BillCullen1

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2018, 10:27:07 AM »
We're back to reruns of TTTT and WML as of 11/12. So we got six weeks worth of shows for each one. They'll probably air these continuously like with the B&W shows.

BillCullen1

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2019, 09:07:30 AM »
This week on TTTT we have a guest panelist named Shirley Lord, who was with Vogue magazine. She's filling in for Kitty Carlisle, who apparently got the week off for good behavior.

BillCullen1

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2019, 12:45:15 PM »
Hey there. Bumping this thread. I think the past couple of weeks, Buzzr might be showing new eps of TTTT. Last week, the panel was Bill Cullen, Peggy Cass, Nipsey Russell and Anne Meara. This week, we have Gene Rayburn, Peggy Cass, Bill Cullen and Sheyree Henry. Kitty apparently took a couple of weeks off. I don't recall seeing these eps since TTTT started airing in October on Buzzr.

I also saw eps of Tattletales I didn't see before these past couple of weeks. Last week Milton Berle was on with wife Ruth. This week they have George & Alana Hamilton, Charlie Brill & Mitzi McCall, and James Brown and his wife Deidre. You don't see the Godfather of Soul on too many game shows.

BillCullen1

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2019, 12:53:51 PM »
A rare occurrence on this morning's TTTT (8/30). On the first spot, Number 1 gave one name while 2 and 3 gave another name. Garry said "Number 1, would you like to reconsider?" It was amusing with Garry  forgetting to read the affadavit, which he did after they came back from the commercial break. Of course, nobody voted for Number 1, since the panel figured he was obviously an imposter.

Bryce L.

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2019, 01:32:28 PM »
Hey there. Bumping this thread. I think the past couple of weeks, Buzzr might be showing new eps of TTTT.
These are new episodes, they started on August 5, with episode 1612. Unfortunately, today's the last episode of fresh shows (1651). On Monday they loop back around to episode 1524.

I also saw eps of Tattletales I didn't see before these past couple of weeks.
Again, these started on August 5, with episode 0253. And again, today is the final new-to-us episode, 0283. On Monday they loop back to 0218, from late 1974.

whewfan

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
A rare occurrence on this morning's TTTT (8/30). On the first spot, Number 1 gave one name while 2 and 3 gave another name. Garry said "Number 1, would you like to reconsider?" It was amusing with Garry  forgetting to read the affadavit, which he did after they came back from the commercial break. Of course, nobody voted for Number 1, since the panel figured he was obviously an imposter.

Never saw that one! I hope Buzzr will put it on YouTube. It's interesting how Garry handled it. Something similar happened on an earlier episode where #1 said he was "Tony Goodheart" and the others repeated the same name. Garry said "Okay we have a problem, everyone go back and we're going to do this again." The 3 people went back behind the curtain, then the second time, #1 introduced himself as "Tony Goodstone", then the others followed suit. Despite #1's obvious flub, he got 3 votes!

There was also a Garagiola hosted episode where they had three young kids, and this subject had a hard to pronounce name. Number 1 gave the name, then #2, probably thinking he would botch up the name said "My name's the same as his!" 

Then there was the classic back and white where #1 introduced himself as Mickey Spillane when he was supposed to be Mickey Sullivan. The error was understandable, Mickey Sullivan was an author of detective novels as was Spillane.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
In the "Tony Goodhart" case, the spot was saved by the quick thinking of #2, who was the real Tony Goodstone to just follow #1's goof and then #3 followed suit as well.      There was clearly no suc similar quick thinking in the other two spots.