Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 70s TTTT coming to Buzzr.  (Read 20899 times)

Pyramid80

Re: 70s TTTT coming to Buzzr.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 07:17:10 AM »
I think the opening of TTTT would be edited too, if Garry Moore didn’t walk out to tease the first act before introducing the panel.

Does anyone know if the dog that’s sometimes running around at the end of the show belongs to Kitty or Peggy!

Scrabbleship

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 08:43:14 AM »
I think the opening of TTTT would be edited too, if Garry Moore didn’t walk out to tease the first act before introducing the panel.

Does anyone know if the dog that’s sometimes running around at the end of the show belongs to Kitty or Peggy!

Part of me thinks that it would be a Kitty thing, what with her being a matron that would probably do such a thing and that G-T would bend over backwards for her at any opportunity and NBC would play along letting a dog into 30 Rock.

Of course, just watch and someone will find something that that dog had Peggy as a pet parent.

BillCullen1

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »
The dog belonged to Peggy Cass. He or she was named Dinty. Not sure of the gender.

Pyramid80

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:40 AM »
The dog belonged to Peggy Cass. He or she was named Dinty. Not sure of the gender.
Hey, thanks for the information.

BillCullen1

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »
Times had definitely changed by the 70s. Today's TTTT had a spot on drugs and prostitution, which would've never been seen on Collyer's version. Peggy even used the word "pimp." I'm glad that they left the panel intros in, unlike WML.

One ep of WML I hope they air is when Allen Ludden was a panelist and Betty White was the MG. She stumped the panel, including Allen. When it came time to go shake hands, she walks right past Allen and locks into a fake passionate kiss with Soupy. It was a Friday show and Larry B. was the host.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2018, 06:48:53 PM »
Times had definitely changed by the 70s. Today's TTTT had a spot on drugs and prostitution, which would've never been seen on Collyer's version. Peggy even used the word "pimp." I'm glad that they left the panel intros in, unlike WML.

It would be pretty hard to edit out the panel intros on TTTT given how they came a good 1-2 minutes into the show. In fact, the edit between interrogation and voting in Game 1 makes the show drag on a lot longer than intended.

Fun thing is while Buzzr is hacking TTTT and WML to bits, the early Classic Concentration this afternoon kept its ticket plug!

BillCullen1

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 04:59:32 PM »
We're changing panelists in mid-week. On TTTT, the guest panelist Monday and Tuesday was Nipsey Russell. Today it was Gene Shalit. On WML, Gene Rayburn was on Monday and Tuesday. Henry Morgan was in his seat today. The announcers were different too. Chet Gould was on Monday and Tuesday. Wayne Howell was today's WML announcer.

Arlene is on WML this week. It just felt odd, to me anyway, that she wasn't on last week when Buzzr started airing it.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 11:03:18 PM »
I think that Buzzr has afterthought this in a way never seen of them. I love 70's TTTT but I just can't watch the chop job that Buzzr is putting on the air.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 11:45:11 AM »
We're changing panelists in mid-week. On TTTT, the guest panelist Monday and Tuesday was Nipsey Russell. Today it was Gene Shalit. On WML, Gene Rayburn was on Monday and Tuesday. Henry Morgan was in his seat today. The announcers were different too. Chet Gould was on Monday and Tuesday. Wayne Howell was today's WML announcer.

Arlene is on WML this week. It just felt odd, to me anyway, that she wasn't on last week when Buzzr started airing it.

You know, I wonder if the second week's final three episodes weren't in airable shape to begin with (by either GSN or Buzzr).  Looking at the WML Wikia episode guide, the last three mystery guests were unaccounted for.

#157 (#1571-#1575)
July 20, 1972
Soupy Sales, Dana Valery, Gene Shalit, Melba Tolliver
#1 Peter Lind Hayes, #2 Maureen Stapleton, #3 Sheila MacRae, #4 Count Basie, #5 Artie Shaw

#158 (#1581-#1585)
July 27, 1972
Soupy Sales, Anita Gillette, Gene Rayburn, Arlene Francis
#1 Helen Gurley Brown, #2 Joan Fontaine *Rest Unknown*

#159 (#1591-#1595)
August 03, 1972
Soupy Sales, Anita Gillette, Henry Morgan, Arlene Francis
#1 Joe Garagiola, #2 Hermione Gingold, #3 Jack E. Leonard, #4 Henry Gibson, #5 Roberta Peters

So like GSN before them, Buzzr is running these episodes in taping order.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »

You know, I wonder if the second week's final three episodes weren't in airable shape to begin with (by either GSN or Buzzr).  Looking at the WML Wikia episode guide, the last three mystery guests were unaccounted for.

#157 (#1571-#1575)
July 20, 1972
#1 Peter Lind Hayes, #2 Maureen Stapleton, #3 Sheila MacRae, #4 Count Basie, #5 Artie Shaw

#158 (#1581-#1585)
July 27, 1972

I can account for 2 of those missing 3 because I taped them off GSN & catalogued them 20 years ago: #3 Buddy Rich, #4 Tom Poston.

BillCullen1

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
For the past two days, they've show the audience at the end of WML. If you don't blink, you will spot Miss Miller, who used to attend TV shows regularly as an audience member. BTW, according to Wiki, Miss Miller's first name was Lillian. She left us in 1990 at age 93.

They're going to continue to chop up the intros. When WML got the red and yellow set, they speeded up the intros by just announcing the panelists' names and having them walk out. Maybe they'll leave those intros in, if we get that far into WML's run.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2018, 10:13:55 AM »

#157 (#1571-#1575)
July 20, 1972

#158 (#1581-#1585)
July 27, 1972

I can account for 2 of those missing 3 because I taped them off GSN & catalogued them 20 years ago: #3 Buddy Rich, #4 Tom Poston.

Duly noted.  Thx!
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TimK2003

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »
For the past two days, they've show the audience at the end of WML. If you don't blink, you will spot Miss Miller, who used to attend TV shows regularly as an audience member. BTW, according to Wiki, Miss Miller's first name was Lillian. She left us in 1990 at age 93.

They're going to continue to chop up the intros. When WML got the red and yellow set, they speeded up the intros by just announcing the panelists' names and having them walk out. Maybe they'll leave those intros in, if we get that far into WML's run.

Perhaps an exception to the recent rules, the 3pm ET airing of WML on 10/12 featured an uncut opening...First guest was related to one of the first domestic VCRs and the "secret" was they just recorded the intro from that VCR and played it back.

How long did they use the $5-50 cards in the desk before they switched to the # of NO questions left?  Seems like all the Blyden eps I have seen used the countdown cards.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:36:02 PM by TimK2003 »

Bryce L.

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2018, 05:35:08 PM »
How long did they use the $5-50 cards in the desk before they switched to the # of NO questions left?  Seems like all the Blyden eps I have seen used the countdown cards.
I believe the countdown cards debuted when Blyden did.

BillCullen1

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2018, 08:15:22 PM »
I believe the countdown cards debuted when Blyden did.

No, these past two weeks they're still using the 5, 10, 15 etc. cards.