Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 70s TTTT coming to Buzzr.  (Read 20891 times)

Winkfan

Re: 70s TTTT coming to Buzzr.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »
Has 50 's Beat the Clock ever been converted to color, or are they even able to do such a thing?
Why would they?

BtC didn't go color until the Narz/Wood version.

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »
As for tuner and colorizing movied, since to colorize them he had to restore the b & w prints, he was basically using the fad to fund the restoration of b & w films.

Although the colorization fad faded away, you can still see wonderful restored prints in b & w of many films on DVD or TCM.

So although no one is purchsing colorized anymore,  Turner companies are still making money off the restored movies.

cyclone45

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 11:02:51 PM »
I know that...just wondered if it had ever been reran in color, like the first season Jeannie  episodes.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 01:04:35 AM »
I know that...just wondered if it had ever been reran in color, like the first season Jeannie  episodes.
Then I'd say no. Which begs the question; has any game show ever been colorized? Jeannie episodes were colorized years after the fact and had more value in reruns than Beat the Clock.

And if someone would spend the money on such a project, I'd like to see shows that were originally broadcast in color with no copies known to exist like original TPIR (or any other NBC game show from the 60s) or the last seasons of original IGAS and WML?
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 06:26:55 AM »
Which begs the question; has any game show ever been colorized?

The only one that comes to mind is a single IGAS episode where Lucille Ball was the celebrity guest.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

jimlangefan

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
Straight from BUZZR's FB page here is the afternoon lineup beginning October 1st.

Coming to #BUZZR starting October 1st!!! (ALL TIMES ET)

Classic Concentration M-F @ 1:00p & 1:30p
Tattletales M-F @ 2:00p
To Tell The Truth ('73 Moore) M-F @ 2:30p
What’s My Line ('72, Blyden) M-F @ 3:00p
Password ('66, Ludden) M-F @ 3:30p
TV's Big Dealer

Scrabbleship

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »
Straight from BUZZR's FB page here is the afternoon lineup beginning October 1st.

Coming to #BUZZR starting October 1st!!! (ALL TIMES ET)

Classic Concentration M-F @ 1:00p & 1:30p
Tattletales M-F @ 2:00p
To Tell The Truth ('73 Moore) M-F @ 2:30p
What’s My Line ('72, Blyden) M-F @ 3:00p
Password ('66, Ludden) M-F @ 3:30p

Could this be the end of Dawson Feud on weekdays outside of the 5:00 AM hour? Or might we see some additional shuffling as October 1st comes closer?

The fact that there are now two unlinked Perry Card Sharks runs (10:30 AM and 9:30 PM) makes me wonder if one of those slots will end up being the home of Dawson Feud.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 05:14:34 PM »
Having watched parts of both episodes that just aired, I noticed two things that caught my attention:

1: Is it just me, or does whatever remaster job that Fremantle did on these episodes make the show look a lot more "cleaner" than the copies made for GSN's use 25ish years ago? Does progress march on?

2: Buzzr seems to cut out of the last gameplay segment several seconds faster than GSN did, not even letting the musical interlude play out before cutting to commercial. This is ironic given how this would be the same segment that would have the plugs for gifts given to impostors which I would think Buzzr would air given how plugs placed as such don't get cut on MG/Tattletales/NYSI.

3: I tuned back for the 1973 WML? episode and I immediately found something amiss: They cut out the panel introductions, going straight from Chet Gould's "Let's all play 'What's My Line?'!" to Larry Blyden walking to his desk. Given how well Buzzr has treated shows to date, this seems like something is very, very wrong since GSN did run this episode as-is minus fee/ticket plugs.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:16:17 PM by Scrabbleship »

arrowood20

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »
I also noticed that commercial breaks were inserted between the panel voting and Garry explaining the scoring system, in addition to the commercial breaks being where they normally are. It does seem odd to cut out the panel intros on WML, since the show easily fit a 30-minute slot with them even when GSN aired it. Cutting the fee plugs seemed weird, as well. Buzzr is kind of odd with things they cut on some shows but keep intact on others.

tvmitch

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2018, 06:20:37 AM »
I wonder if they will keep the shows in a 40-minute window in the weekday afternoons and only cut the panel intros to fit into this 30-minute window yesterday. One can only hope.
You should follow me on Twitter

Scrabbleship

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2018, 10:02:37 AM »
I wonder if they will keep the shows in a 40-minute window in the weekday afternoons and only cut the panel intros to fit into this 30-minute window yesterday. One can only hope.

The 2:00-4:00 block will be Tattletales/TTTT/WML/Password. Tattletales with its fee plugs intact and all.

I wonder if this was all rushed to get WML? at 25, the one rarity they did air, without any edits. Hopefully stuff isn't hacked to heck going forward since this doesn't look good at all.

snowpeck

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 12:34:22 PM »

The 2:00-4:00 block will be Tattletales/TTTT/WML/Password. Tattletales with its fee plugs intact and all.

I wonder if this was all rushed to get WML? at 25, the one rarity they did air, without any edits. Hopefully stuff isn't hacked to heck going forward since this doesn't look good at all.

WML at 25 was edited also. It ran about seven minutes shorter than when GSN aired it and I noticed a few clips were edited out.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Pyramid80

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »

WML at 25 was edited also. It ran about seven minutes shorter than when GSN aired it and I noticed a few clips were edited out.
What a shame!

tvmitch

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »
WML Blyden today looked great, sounded great, but good luck to you if you want to know the names of the celebrity panel, because the show was JIP at Blyden walking to his seat with a voiceover, “Let’s all play WML!”

Someone named Soupy (?) told the host congrats for his Tony. Wonder who this fellow Soupy fellow is. /s
You should follow me on Twitter

BillCullen1

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 07:13:06 PM »
Seriously, I think more people might be wondering who the panelist Melba was. Melba Tolliver, who was a local news reporter in NYC during the 70s. She was in Arlene Francis' seat.

They also cut out the prize for the Who's Who contestants. The mystery guest for the first color WML on Buzzr was Peter Lind Hayes.

I glad that TTTT left the panel intros in.