Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.  (Read 53351 times)

Casey

Re: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2019, 03:47:03 PM »
I saw that happen several weeks ago also.   Alex told one of the players to hurry between number choices and the buzzer sounded and he told her she took too long and needed to be quicker in her selections. 

calliaume

« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2019, 06:52:34 PM »
I saw that happen several weeks ago also.   Alex told one of the players to hurry between number choices and the buzzer sounded and he told her she took too long and needed to be quicker in her selections.
Was there ever a mention of an offscreen timer so contestants would know how long they could take?  This seems very random to me.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »
Was there ever a mention of an offscreen timer so contestants would know how long they could take?

I don't know what the official rule was, but there have been a few instances in this Buzzr run where you can hear an offstage voice say "hurry," then the contestant finally chooses their second number. So they do get a warning.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »
And I think, like on Scrabble as the years went on, the unspoken "timer" got a little lax as contestants improved at naturally making a decision in a few seconds.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tvmitch

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2019, 07:21:40 AM »
I don't know what the official rule was, but there have been a few instances in this Buzzr run where you can hear an offstage voice say "hurry," then the contestant finally chooses their second number. So they do get a warning.
Speaking of this offstage voice, has anyone else noticed that there is often an audible yelp right before a Wild card is revealed? I am thinking that was a low-tech cue to ring the bell sfx. Maybe I am just hearing things.
You should follow me on Twitter

alfonzos

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »
I angrily switched off today's rerun of CC. The puzzle was solved with only nine frames revealed. Trebek during the readout says snarkily, "Sometimes our puzzles leave a lot to be desired." Jerk.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

chad1m

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2019, 07:16:32 PM »
Didn't get the wishbone this year, Alfonzo?

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
Calling Alex a jerk in 2019 is certainly A Choice (tm), especially over a joke he made thirty years ago.
@lambertman

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2019, 11:42:56 PM »
Speaking of this offstage voice, has anyone else noticed that there is often an audible yelp right before a Wild card is revealed? I am thinking that was a low-tech cue to ring the bell sfx. Maybe I am just hearing things.

It's not you.  Also hear it in the Car round.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2019, 12:48:38 AM »
I angrily switched off today's rerun of CC. The puzzle was solved with only nine frames revealed. Trebek during the readout says snarkily, "Sometimes our puzzles leave a lot to be desired." Jerk.
Here's where I wish Alex Trebek was a board member.
--Mark
Phil 4:13