Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.  (Read 53793 times)

Scrabbleship

Re: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2018, 07:56:18 PM »
On a completely different note, is anyone else with Comcast not getting CC in its listings?  (My box has FF in the 12N/12:30 CT slot, TTTT instead of TATTLETALES at 1 [and in a 40-minute window, which then moves WML to 1:40 and PASSWORD to 2:20].)

I think that Comcast is parsing old schedule data as that 12-3 PM/CT schedule is what was in place prior to 10/1.

I would gladly cast away Tattletales in exchange for TTTT/WML/Password uncut at this point. I would gleefully take more of Alec and Kaleb from Shriner's if it meant hearing Bill Wendell and Chet Gould doing their work and seeing those trippy mid 60s commercial breaks on Password.

The head spins. And if Marjorie shows up on a Tuesday, then I'll really be dizzy.

Prepare to be dizzy. The OAD of Diana Taylor's last show was a Monday (7/13/1987).

PPatters

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2018, 09:46:48 PM »
On a completely different note, is anyone else with Comcast not getting CC in its listings?  (My box has FF in the 12N/12:30 CT slot, TTTT instead of TATTLETALES at 1 [and in a 40-minute window, which then moves WML to 1:40 and PASSWORD to 2:20].)

It isn’t just Comcast. I’m having the same issue with Charter Spectrum.
Patrick

Sodboy13

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2018, 09:57:14 PM »
Sure enough. My DVR didn't grab today's episodes, and the guide has Family Feud in the Noon hour all week. Hopefully, they fix that in short order.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TraderRob

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2018, 11:46:44 PM »
Nice to see my TiVo actually pulling down accurate info for a change.

Anyone notice the near miss with the set props on the first show today (#24)? They brought the sign down too soon and so they had to push the players in around it.  It barely cleared the players' heads. Good thing Ruta Lee wasn't there. :-)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »
Sure enough. My DVR didn't grab today's episodes, and the guide has Family Feud in the Noon hour all week. Hopefully, they fix that in short order.

Listings are correct today.  Hopefully it stays like that.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvmitch

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »
Random CC observation.

One of Alex's lines in the last few shows has been to mention that there are "3 wild cards and 12 nice prizes" on the board at the start of each puzzle.

This can't be correct. Right? Am I going crazy?

A minimum 2 squares revealed as freebies at the start of the puzzle, 3 wild cards, leaves 20 cards with prizes behind them, so 10 prizes. Sometimes 9 prizes if 4 freebie squares are revealed. 
You should follow me on Twitter

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »
One of Alex's lines in the last few shows has been to mention that there are "3 wild cards and 12 nice prizes" on the board at the start of each puzzle.

Only if the board sprouted a growth on one of the sides. I will also put forward that usually some of the prizes were nice, but at least a couple of them were there to take up space.
Travis L. Eberle

Casey

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »
Random CC observation.

A minimum 2 squares revealed as freebies at the start of the puzzle, 3 wild cards, leaves 20 cards with prizes behind them, so 10 prizes. Sometimes 9 prizes if 4 freebie squares are revealed.

I’m hoping he’s bad at math and not counting the 2 $500 chances for matching the 3 wild cards in a single turn as the 11th and 12th prizes....  But doing so would get you to 12.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2018, 05:46:34 PM »
He did correct himself in a later episode - it's on YouTube. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Here it is. My apologies if videos aren't allowed in this section.

JakeT

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »
Question...were there no "TAKE" cards at this point?  If there were, wouldn't that reduce the number of prizes on the board as well?

**I know...I know...I should just watch the video but I am at work at the moment...**

JakeT

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
Wikipedia sez that the first Take spaces were introduced in November 1987.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2018, 11:09:54 PM »

Only if the board sprouted a growth on one of the sides. I will also put forward that usually some of the prizes were nice, but at least a couple of them were there to take up space.

There was one episode in this batch where winner had one prize on the board, to the tune of $40. You'll notice after some games like that, they don't bother with Gene Wood giving the prize recap.

I also noticed in a 1991 episode that a fair number of the prizes on the board weren't actually the prizes themselves, but "A Service Merchandise gift certificate, with which you may purchase..." Which is nice, because it gives those in charge of the game the opportunity to put all kinds of weird prizes on the board, while the winners can spend their store credit on something they actually want instead.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

splinkynip

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2018, 11:29:55 PM »

[/quote]

There was one episode in this batch where winner had one prize on the board, to the tune of $40. You'll notice after some games like that, they don't bother with Gene Wood giving the prize recap.

[/quote]

If the prizes won totaled less than $1,000, their total wasn't announced.

That Don Guy

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2018, 09:57:47 PM »
Question...were there no "TAKE" cards at this point?
Not at first.  IIRC, they had two at one point, then later they had the two red ones and the two green ones.

TimK2003

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2018, 01:47:27 AM »
Question...were there no "TAKE" cards at this point?
Not at first.  IIRC, they had two at one point, then later they had the two red ones and the two green ones.

They also tried different colored TAKE's before deciding on green and red permanently.  Lavender (purple) and orange are two colors that stick out in my fuzzy recollections.