Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.  (Read 53340 times)

BillCullen1

Re: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 11:27:39 AM »
Pinch me, I'm dreaming! I'm still in awe...Classic Concentration starts on BUZZR October 1st (September 30th, technically), Wipeout comes to GameTV the following week, What's next: BUZZR picks up the rerun rights to The Money Maze?

I think now you're starting to  "Press Your Luck"  :D

I attended several tapings of The Money Maze with Nick Clooney and announcer Alan Kalter. They taped at the ABC complex on West 66 Street in NYC. I would go after high school. Not sure how many tapes of that show exist.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 11:29:44 AM »
When I told my mom this she was thrilled; this and Card Sharks were the only game shows she ever really got into (we had the DOS versions of both).

What's next, Buzzr brokering a deal with Hasbro to show Scrabble?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 12:27:31 PM »
I attended several tapings of The Money Maze with Nick Clooney and announcer Alan Kalter. They taped at the ABC complex on West 66 Street in NYC. I would go after high school. Not sure how many tapes of that show exist.

Actually, as per this post, the series *does* exist, but the tapes are in poor condition.

arrowood20

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2018, 04:57:49 PM »
It looks like Fremantle bought Classic Concentration from NBC, as their logo appeared at the end of the first episode they aired. Hopefully that means they also got the Narz episodes, seeing as it was also produced by Goodson-Todman.

Sodboy13

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »
To my untrained eye, the quality was pretty sharp. My kids aren't readers yet, but they love matching games, especially the old CC bonus round from FlashGames. This will make for some nice occasional viewing with them.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2018, 05:46:33 PM »
especially the old CC bonus round from FlashGames.
I thought that site vanished years ago.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »
Some of the games were available for download. I remember having (I think) the Big Numbers game from High Rollers on my desktop many computers ago...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »
Some of the games were available for download. I remember having (I think) the Big Numbers game from High Rollers on my desktop many computers ago...
Well damn.  I didn't recall that.  It was a fun way to kill a few minutes.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Sodboy13

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2018, 09:07:27 PM »
Yep. They're currently residing on their fourth hard drive of mine, alongside some handy presentation software from days of yore.

Also, a Google search may turn up an abandoned backdoor or two for you.

/The children of today are also irrationally scared of the TTD Dragon, yet drawn to him
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

BillCullen1

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 10:51:26 AM »
they love matching games, especially the old CC bonus round from FlashGames. This will make for some nice occasional viewing with them.

I remember the Scrabble bonus round from FlashGames. I used to play that and try to improve my time.

Good to see Classic Concentration again. This year (2018) marks Concentration's 60th anniversary.

That Don Guy

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
Okay, I'll ask: did anyone try calling the contestant number to see what happens?

I assume it's disconnected - otherwise they would cut it - but if nobody has the number, why doesn't Buzzr get the rights to it?

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2018, 01:41:21 AM »
I assume it's disconnected - otherwise they would cut it -

Not necessarily. Every once in a while, the folks converting the episodes for Buzzr will miss a ticket plug. I've seen a rogue Press Your Luck ticket plug, a Supermarket Sweep contest plug, and a Card Sharks ticket plug. And if I remember correctly, when the network aired its first Sale of the Century, they missed the announcer-less contact information graphic that preceded the closing credits.

I understand why Buzzr has to edit all of them out, but it's a fun treat when one slips through the cracks.

Neumms

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 09:28:51 PM »
NBC still owns Twenty-One also.

I don’t doubt this, but I wonder how Barry-Enright would have done that Jim Lange Twntry-One if the pilot has sold.

BrandonFG

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 09:49:30 PM »
NBC still owns Twenty-One also.

I don’t doubt this, but I wonder how Barry-Enright would have done that Jim Lange Twntry-One if the pilot has sold.
Airs on NBC O&Os, maybe?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2018, 01:15:51 AM »
Today's episode featured a contestant unclear on the concept of the show, as he did a literal read of everything on the screen to come up with "Cherry Boats U-V Fye-Oar." Someone maybe should have explained the game a bit more thoroughly.