Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.  (Read 53345 times)

gamed121683

Re: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 07:00:13 PM »
So the color syndie versions of “What’s My Line”, “TTTT”, and (possibly) the color episaides of “Password”? I’m guessing here, but it sounds like the B&W block might be getting a makeover.

snowpeck

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »
And they're adding Bruner/Blyden WML.

Were you able to see that from the advanced schedule?

Nevermind my question.   Just saw the promo for it.

Yeah I saw the promo during Password today.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SuperMatch93

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 01:38:59 AM »
I’m not fully clear on what it would take for Scrabble to air

Wouldn't they also need approval from Hasbro to air that? I remember that being mentioned as a reason that GSN got the rights from Grundy/Fremantle to air Sale, but not Scrabble.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

snowpeck

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 01:43:59 AM »
I’m not fully clear on what it would take for Scrabble to air

Wouldn't they also need approval from Hasbro to air that? I remember that being mentioned as a reason that GSN got the rights from Grundy/Fremantle to air Sale, but not Scrabble.

Someone I know asked Fremantle about Scrabble and was told Hasbro is in possession of the tapes.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

cyclone45

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 12:08:15 AM »
Why/how would NBC own Classic Concentration if it were a Mark Goodson Production? Just curious.

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 12:16:41 AM »
From Wikipedia:

Concentration was an NBC in-house production, apart from the earliest episodes. As a result of the 1950s quiz scandals, the network purchased the rights to Concentration and three other games (Twenty One, Dough Re Mi and Tic-Tac-Dough) from producers Barry and Enright. NBC/Universal still holds exclusive rights to both the format and extant episodes of Concentration; however, due to Financial Interest and Syndication Rules, this version is owned by CBS Television Distribution.

Why they only own Concentration and not the other three shows, I don't know.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cyclone45

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 12:18:39 AM »
Thanks! Never knew that! Glad NBC gave BUZZR the rights then.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 12:51:40 AM »
My guess is that they hung on to Concentration because Concentration lasted the longest/was most profitable and relatively unscathed by the scandals. The other three's reputations were tarnished and didn't make it out of the 50's, so they probably dropped/gave the rights back since they were pretty much ratings poison at the time, unknowing that Tic-Tac-Dough could be revived successfully.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

snowpeck

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 01:12:20 PM »
NBC still owns Twenty-One also.

Casey Buck

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 12:02:26 AM »
Buzzr has a new promo on their Facebook page.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 06:19:35 PM »
The complaints on the page...wow.
insert signature here

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 07:15:32 PM »
The complaints on the page...wow.

Unless they took them down...nothing is there.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

calliaume

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 07:43:29 PM »
There are a few complaints (not showing the original NBC or Narz versions, Buzzr sucks in general), but the majority seem positive. 

I'm stunned this is happening, but apparently somebody at NBC decided there was no point in not monetizing an asset.  (Honestly, I think if it wasn't Alex Trebek as host, you wouldn't see these, either.)

gamed121683

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 09:49:06 PM »
Pinch me, I'm dreaming! I'm still in awe...Classic Concentration starts on BUZZR October 1st (September 30th, technically), Wipeout comes to GameTV the following week, What's next: BUZZR picks up the rerun rights to The Money Maze?

cmjb13

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 08:21:09 AM »
Pinch me, I'm dreaming! I'm still in awe...Classic Concentration starts on BUZZR October 1st (September 30th, technically), Wipeout comes to GameTV the following week, What's next: BUZZR picks up the rerun rights to The Money Maze?
I would personally love to see Now You See It 1989.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS