Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.  (Read 53337 times)

golden-road

Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:23:55 AM »
Per this tweet, Classic Concentration will start on Buzzr 10/1. https://twitter.com/BUZZRplay/status/1036619828465938432/photo/

Sodboy13

Re: Classic Concentration coming to BUZZR.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:26:03 AM »
Well, this is unexpected and exciting!
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
Very good news, and Concentration is 60 years old this year. It also allowed Alex Trebek to show his humorous side, especially on the Halloween week shows where he dressed up in costume.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:19:24 AM by BillCullen1 »

calliaume

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 11:12:02 AM »
Good to hear; hoping it actually happens (the Wordplay experience makes me a tiny bit cautious).

tpirfan28

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »
Best news.  Selfishly hoping for an evening slot since I have to rely on the BUZZR livestream.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SamJ93

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »
Not to sound ungrateful, since it's great news...but is there any chance this could eventually lead to the Narz version being added as well? It's never been re-aired to my knowledge and would be pretty cool to see again.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
Best news.  Selfishly hoping for an evening slot since I have to rely on the BUZZR livestream.

No such luck.  1PM and 1:30 ET.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

snowpeck

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 03:04:46 PM »
Just saw a promo that they're adding 70s To Tell the Truth on that date (the promo showed the last set.) I've also heard they're adding color Password.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chad1m

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 03:15:32 PM »
No such luck.  1PM and 1:30 ET.
Does that strike anyone else as odd? A show that literally hasn't aired anywhere for 25 years, but still looks good enough to be semi-modern, that they have probably gotten many requests to air, and it isn't airing in their primetime lineup?

snowpeck

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »
And they're adding Bruner/Blyden WML.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

TimK2003

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »
Over at Game Show News FB page, there is a rumbling that the 60s syndie run of Password may show up as well.  No confirmation yet, but it fits with what era of G-T they're adding to the lineup.

gamed121683

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »
Seriously? WOW! Congrats to them! Makes one wonder how come BUZZR was able to score this gem, but in all the years GSN has been around, they haven’t been able to score it?

arrowood20

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 04:39:44 PM »
I wonder what the other “name brand” show would be besides Concentration. I can’t think of anything else besides TPIR or Scrabble that Fremantle would have access to. I’m not fully clear on what it would take for Scrabble to air, and Price seems like a long shot outside of maybe the Cullen shows or the first three CBS years.

gamed121683

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »
Just saw a promo that they're adding 70s To Tell the Truth on that date (the promo showed the last set.) I've also heard they're adding color Password.

For the “Buzzerless” (like myself, God bless YouTube)...I’m assuming this is the promo in question.
https://youtu.be/FZuNK0Ez650

I wonder what the other “name brand” show would be besides Concentration. I can’t think of anything else besides TPIR or Scrabble that Fremantle would have access to. I’m not fully clear on what it would take for Scrabble to air, and Price seems like a long shot outside of maybe the Cullen shows or the first three CBS years.

I know we’re only prognosticating here but if it’s the latter...if BUZZR is able to get over the NBC hurdle with “Classic Concentration” (in the risk of sounding Pollyanna-ish), anything is possible!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:23:40 PM by gamed121683 »

jimlangefan

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 06:36:19 PM »
And they're adding Bruner/Blyden WML.

Were you able to see that from the advanced schedule?

Nevermind my question.   Just saw the promo for it.
TV's Big Dealer