Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR tapings cancelled this week. Barker has flu.  (Read 18754 times)

cmjb13

TPIR tapings cancelled this week. Barker has flu.
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2004, 01:03:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 07:28 AM\']We certainly don't want Bob asking to see the next item up for bids only to have him barf all over the stage.[/quote]
I wouldn't mind seeing that done on a few pricing games.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2004, 01:18:04 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I wouldn't mind seeing that done on a few pricing games. [/quote]
 "Okay! To win that dining room set, you're going to Pick A Number....{HUUUUUURK!!}"

"No, I don't think I am, Bob...."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2004, 01:21:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 01:18 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I wouldn't mind seeing that done on a few pricing games. [/quote]
"Okay! To win that dining room set, you're going to Pick A Number....{HUUUUUURK!!}"

"No, I don't think I am, Bob...." [/quote]
 I was thinking more along the lines of Joker.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2004, 03:08:19 PM »
a sub should be on site for such an eventuality--not that Bob should show up no matter what.
Personally I can't see $yd approving the bucks to have a fully-rehearsed emcee just sitting around. Besides, if it were one of the Reno emcees, how would they divide their time between Hollywood and Reno?

cmjb13

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2004, 03:24:46 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 03:08 PM\'] Besides, if it were one of the Reno emcees, how would they divide their time between Hollywood and Reno? [/quote]
 Hollywood would probably be their priority.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2004, 03:37:54 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 03:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 03:08 PM\'] Besides, if it were one of the Reno emcees, how would they divide their time between Hollywood and Reno? [/quote]
Hollywood would probably be their priority. [/quote]
 I dunno, you can make a lot of money in Reno.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2004, 10:51:36 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 01:21 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 01:18 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I wouldn't mind seeing that done on a few pricing games. [/quote]

"No, I don't think I am, Bob...." [/quote]
I was thinking more along the lines of Joker. [/quote]
 ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with Joker.  Good game.  (**Ducking for cover**...but I'm serious!)

And P.S.  Bob is back in studio this week, all is well.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2004, 10:53:53 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Feb 10 2004, 08:51 PM\'] ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with Joker.  Good game.  (**Ducking for cover**...but I'm serious!)
 [/quote]
 You are entitled to that opinion. And I am entitled to ask you to pass that PHAT-AZZ blunt over here, because you are clearly HIGH as a KITE. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Unrealtor

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2004, 12:49:51 AM »
Were we back in the days with permanent models and a permanent announcer, I don't think there would be huge audience objection to having someone already associated with the show (meaning Rod or one of the Beauties) guest-hosting for a day or two. It's a bit trickier without either of those to fall back on. Randy and Burton's voices are well enough known, but I don't think their names or faces are recognizable enough to work. What really needs to be done is to slowly introduce a guest host, maybe just a one-bid/pricing game segment at a time (though I actually suspect that changing hosts in mid-stream, to mix a metaphor, would be way too awkward) for a few months before moving to entire episodes, to let both the public and the host accilmate, but I dobut Barker's ego would allow it.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Terry K

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2004, 04:48:03 AM »
Did anyone notice the very familiar face in today's audience?  (2/10 that is)  Mr Todd Newton.  

Draw some of your own conclusions.

cmjb13

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2004, 06:27:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 04:48 AM\'] Did anyone notice the very familiar face in today's audience?  (2/10 that is)  Mr Todd Newton.  

Draw some of your own conclusions. [/quote]
 He's been in the audience before.

So has David Ruprecht.

So have I.

Doesn't mean I want his job.

Fedya

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2004, 10:27:21 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 06:27 AM\'] [quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 04:48 AM\'] Did anyone notice the very familiar face in today's audience?  (2/10 that is)  Mr Todd Newton. 

Draw some of your own conclusions. [/quote]
He's been in the audience before.

So has David Ruprecht.

So have I.

Doesn't mean I want his job. [/quote]
 Not that I have the talent (or the face or voice) to do it, but I certainly would give a lot of consideration to hosting Supermarket Sweep if asked.  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post