Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Custom Quiplash 2 prompts about game shows  (Read 1495 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Custom Quiplash 2 prompts about game shows
« on: August 20, 2018, 03:46:14 PM »
Jackbox Games' Quiplash 2 gives its users the ability to write and share custom prompts. Naturally, I used this feature to create two episodes' worth of prompts that make sense only to game show fans.

Each collection contains 16 prompts, exactly enough to support an eight-player game. Or two games with four players, assuming that Jackbox tracks which custom prompts you've seen before -- I didn't test that.

If a player isn't very familiar with our genre, they'll probably be confused by some of the prompts. (For example: While some of the prompts reference the decades-long classics, some more obscure-to-the-average-person references do appear. None of these prompts reference, say, Shop 'til You Drop or Celebrity Sweepstakes, but references on that level of obscurity do show up.) I played them with a group of game show fans of various levels, and everything went well enough, but I admit that these are only for a very limited audience.

I made these on a friend's PlayStation 4. As I understand it, that means that these prompts can be played on any platform running the game. Jackbox makes a point of noting that user-generated material is unrated, but I'd say that the prompts themselves are rated E for Everyone (there is one tobacco reference). Of course, it's up to the group you're playing with to decide how adult the answers get.

The game doesn't allow users to create custom prompts for round three, so you'll have to play that as a general round. Although once, we got AcroLash and spontaneously decided that if a response was game show–related, it would be considered more favorably.

Still interested? Here are the codes.

Game Shows 1: GGC-RNNM
Game Shows 2: HQF-DFQY

If anybody gets enough game show fans together to play these, I'd love to hear reactions. Or maybe others would be inspired to write prompts of their own?