Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pauley Perrette disses Harvey "Feud" for not being family friendly (Link)  (Read 4852 times)

DjohnsonCB

Here's the story:  http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/08/14/pauley-perrette-calls-out-family-feud-for-being-filthy-and-loaded-with-sex-questions.html

Thoughts?  From what I've seen of it, I can't even make out what some of the Q and A's mean.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

BrandonFG

She has a point, one that's been echoed here numerous times. The show has tried too hard for years with the loaded questions and idiotic survey euphemisms.

But, it gets them ratings and now social media numbers, which is also important. So the dirty humor is prolly not going anywhere no time soon.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

I just thought it was better when the outrageous answers came in response to perfectly innocuous questions, rather than questions that are obviously fishing.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
I just thought it was better when the outrageous answers came in response to perfectly innocuous questions, rather than questions that are obviously fishing.

September.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

napanickg

turkey

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
I have no problem with the loaded questions. My problem lies with the writers and their inclination to come up with immature synonyms for innocuous things.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

whewfan

For example, on Harvey Feud, there might be a question (maybe there was, I'm making this up) "Name something about your husband that you wish was smaller" and the contestant said STOMACH, it might be phrased as "His flabby hanging stomach"... it's not funny.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
For example, on Harvey Feud, there might be a question (maybe there was, I'm making this up) "Name something about your husband that you wish was smaller" and the contestant said STOMACH, it might be phrased as "His flabby hanging stomach"... it's not funny.

Precisely.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

Precisely.
Adding on to these points, I'd love for them to stop with the PRIMARY ANSWER/UNRELATED BUT RELATED ANSWER. One question was something along the lines of "Name something that's beefy." Instead of simply PEOPLE or YOUR BODY, it was PEOPLE/BRIAN DENNEHY. I have a hard time believing even one person wrote Brian Dennehy on their paper.

Also...is it just me, or does this version separate answers that could be lumped into one answer. For example, instead of lumping "Brother" and "Sister" into "Siblings", they make them two different answers. Same for "Mother" and "Father", etc.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
That's not even that bad. Question from this past week was a survey of 100 men and they were to "Name something a man might be embarrassed to buy in a smaller size." Of course, condom was on this list, which is a perfectly valid answer and honestly, not that risque of an answer. But instead of just putting "Condom" up on the board, they came up with "Woody Hoody", and I'm sitting stunned, more angry that they used some BS euphemism that I've never heard anyone use in my life rather than the innuendo itself.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

cmjb13

I seem to recall a question a few years ago about a bathroom and the revealed answer was “Hershey squirts”
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Sodboy13

This is the bigger problem for me, too. It's not enough for them to lean into the innuendo with the questions, they have to slap it up in print in the most over-the-top way possible. Because if the contestant isn't being outrageous enough to get Steve Harvey to make his face, putting "MY SILLY SIX-INCH" on the board will give him the excuse. It's akin to when Match Game '98 decided to add categories to telegraph the jokes. You're making everything less funny this way, and I say this as a someone who gladly wallows in filth.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
But instead of just putting "Condom" up on the board, they came up with "Woody Hoody", and I'm sitting stunned, more angry that they used some BS euphemism that I've never heard anyone use in my life rather than the innuendo itself.
Turns out it's listed on Urban Dictionary and has been since 2013...and honestly, I'm not surprised at that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:01:07 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

cyclone45

That's why I liked Combs Feud. The questions were wholesome and I thought he was a great host.

Kevin Prather

I seem to recall a question a few years ago about a bathroom and the revealed answer was “Hershey squirts”

I can't believe they didn't get a phone call from a lawyer over that one.