Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The 2018 Game Show Throwdown, live from Vegas this weekend!  (Read 2217 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
We're back for a 5th year!  The Game Show Throwdown is happening from this Saturday, August 4 at Noon Pacific through at least Sunday the 5th at Noon, live from the Tropicana in Las Vegas.  This year, like in previous years, we are playing for Extra Life and the Children's Miracle Network.  Like last year, you can either select a general donation to Extra Life for our cause or you can support one of the many people taking part in the event, and the hospital for which they are playing.  If you want to donate for our cause, do NOT donate through the "donate" button in the top right corner of the Extra Life page.  It will not count towards our goal.  You can find a link to the donation page at http://homegameentertainment.com/throwdown/index.html.  All of the fun will be streamed through the aforementioned page and at https://www.twitch.tv/homegameent.

Like years past, we'll have a lot of people from the world of game show fandom and trivia playing and hosting, including quite a few regulars from this board and other sites.  As always, we have a fantastic line-up of games.  All times are Pacific.

12 Noon:  Tic Tac Dough
1:30 PM:  Wipeout
2:30 PM:  Blockbusters
4 PM:  The Who, What, or Where Game
5 PM:  Face the Music
6 PM:  Pointless
7 PM:  Split Second
8 PM:  You Don't Say!
9 PM:  The $25,000 Pyramid
10:30 PM:  Match Game vs. the World
12 AM:  Urban Dictionary Wordplay
1 AM:  (Drunken) Super Password
2 AM:  Body Language
3 AM:  Talk About
4 AM:  Concentration
5 AM:  It Takes Two
6 AM:  High Rollers
7 AM:  Lingo
8 AM:  Debt
9 AM:  Monopoly
10 AM:  Hollywood Showdown
11 AM:  Whammy!

We're also doing a preview on Friday night at 7 PM Pacific with The Price is Right, just pricing games for at least 3 hours.

As always, thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:23:05 PM by MikeK »

Kevin Prather

Re: The 2018 Game Show Throwdown, live from Vegas this weekend!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 03:11:20 PM »
Looking forward to many in-game donation challenges, which I'm sure your contestants will rise to in order to raise good money.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 03:18:31 PM »
We're into game 1 of the Throwdown.  Thanks for watching and thanks for donating!

Unrealtor

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 11:27:22 PM »
4 AM:  Concentration

I (retroactively) wish the contestants luck. Even in my salad days, small-c concentration was impossible at that hour, much less big-C Concentration.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:15:16 AM »
So, shout out to the throwdown people for making me feel at home.  Special shoutout to Travis for being a fucking mind reader during You Don’t Say. (Bojack Horseman?  Really?)

Similar extension to the rest of TCONA, who also made in feel included when they could.  I even got to basically sit-and-go at the quiz bowl when someone dropped, and my trash knowledge came in handy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:45:07 PM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »
Yes, really. With the clues of "Now" and "Norse" with the topic of Fictional Character and knowing Adam was hosting it wasn't much of a leap. I am merely glad that I did not fall flat on my nose but it seems like everyone was helped by my clues, variously.

I am elated that people had fun and that we raised eight grand for children's hospitals.
Travis L. Eberle