Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Zoo Revue featuring Chuck Woolery as Mr. Dingle  (Read 4447 times)

whewfan

New Zoo Revue featuring Chuck Woolery as Mr. Dingle
« on: July 21, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »

For some reason, he's credited as "Walker Edmiston"

Eric Paddon

Re: New Zoo Revue featuring Chuck Woolery as Mr. Dingle
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
Walker Edmiston is the name of an actual actor, so it's possible he did play the role later on or on another occasion?    I don't know if we can tell for sure that's Chuck in this episode.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
IMDb says Chuck was on the show in 1972, two years before that episode aired. Maybe he only did the first season? The voice of Mr. Dingle (even with it sounding like an elderly man) did not sound like Chuck IMO.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »
So we've been doing it all wrong all these years?  It should be "Walker Left Wheel."

RMF

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 07:00:25 PM »
The voice of Mr. Dingle (even with it sounding like an elderly man) did not sound like Chuck IMO.

It's a bit harder to tell because there aren't any close-ups, but the face also doesn't seem right- not as wide as Woolery, and the chin looks different.

If it helps for comparative purposes, here's footage of the two men from a couple of years later:

TimK2003

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 09:43:41 PM »
He looked too thin to be Chuck W., IMHO. 

This Dingle looks like Chuck: 

whewfan

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »
Okay, I wasn't aware that two actors played Mr. Dingle. It may also explain why the Mr. Dingle in that clip doesn't sing. We know Chuck can sing, so he probably could've sang as Mr. Dingle. A decent chunk of New Zoo Revue episodes were recently put on YouTube. Apparently there was supposed to be a new version, and I've only seen promo clips. The new version adds a panda named Wang Yung, but the characters look pretty much the same and sound the same, and two very young actors play Emmy Jo and Doug.

Fedya

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »
Everybody have fun tonight,
Everybody Wang Yung tonight?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 08:36:38 AM »
It's funny, in the promo for the new version, they altered the lyrics slightly to include Wang Yung....

Instead of "It's quite an unusual thing." The new lyric is "Wang Yung will do his thing". Obviously they hadn't fully developed the panda's character. Useless fact, the voiceover actress that was Henrietta Hippo said that she thought it would be funny if a hippo had a very high voice and sang in an opera-like manner.  She wasn't told anything about Henrietta's character. The producers thought it was hilarious and hired her.