Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Caroline and Friends joins GSN on July 16  (Read 3904 times)

BillCullen1

Caroline and Friends joins GSN on July 16
« on: June 27, 2018, 01:40:47 PM »
The latest GSN show to join the schedule. Caroline Rhea and friends look at funny videos, mostly of children and animals. Sounds a lot like America's Funniest Home Videos? There's a reason for that. Vin Di Bona is the exec producer of this. Airs at 4 pm ET. So there you go.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Caroline and Friends joins GSN on July 16
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 04:25:28 PM »
Sounds more like a revival of Animal Crack-Ups to me...which if I'm not mistaken was DiBona's as well.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 06:34:50 PM »
Sounds more like a revival of Animal Crack-Ups to me...which if I'm not mistaken was DiBona's as well.
It was.

From the vague description, it sounds like a couple other shows that discuss current viral videos. Daily Blast Live and RightThisMinute come to mind.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 10:57:54 AM »
The day has come. Starting at 4 pm on GSN, Caroline and Friends, Harvey Feud and America Says.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 11:07:06 AM »
The premiere is already up for viewing on the "GSN Now" app.  It's pretty forgettable, reminiscent of a daytime talk show atmosphere with the conversational linchpin being "viral videos."  Having watched it just a few days ago, I don't recall what the prize for the "winning" video is.  It seems suitable for an afternoon slot, though.   Curiously, the only reruns it will get are during the 11am hour on Saturday mornings; pretty limited.