Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr no longer in Chicago?  (Read 3632 times)

TraderRob

Buzzr no longer in Chicago?
« on: June 23, 2018, 02:20:23 PM »
Two weeks ago, the Buzzr affiliate in Chicago switched from WPWR (50.4) to WFLD (32.3). I have Comcast cable and saw that Buzzr had been deleted from the channel lineup. I'm curious if any other Chicago viewers who are watching through their antenna are still getting Buzzr or if it's been dropped altogether? Kind of a big deal to lose the #3 TV market if that's the case.

TraderRob

Re: Buzzr no longer in Chicago?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »
Disregard. It looks like my TiVo tried to scan the channel as WPWR by mistake and removed all the program listings and unchecked the channel from my lineup. I'm sure it will fix itself in the next update. Moderator please delete as I can't remove it myself.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 12:57:41 AM »
This may or may not be related, but for the past few days, I’ve been getting the channel correctly, but the listings for the channel were goofy (like a totally different channel—the new LightTV subchannel, which is one channel number higher on my system).  So IOW, I get the same listing for two different channels.

It was fixed this morning, but it’s back to being off right now.  Real pain if I want to record episodes to view later—I have to record the channel itself instead of the program and can only set in one hour increments (so for NYSI and SP, in order to make sure I get the whole thing I have to allot two hours).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TraderRob

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
Yeah it's related. Similar to the few days delay after the switch from 50.4 to 32.3, I had to set manual recordings for everything. It's showing WPWRDT4 in the program listings unlike before. Last time it said "Channel No Longer Broadcasting" and now it's just showing To Be Announced.

This may or may not be related, but for the past few days, I’ve been getting the channel correctly, but the listings for the channel were goofy (like a totally different channel—the new LightTV subchannel, which is one channel number higher on my system).  So IOW, I get the same listing for two different channels.

It was fixed this morning, but it’s back to being off right now.  Real pain if I want to record episodes to view later—I have to record the channel itself instead of the program and can only set in one hour increments (so for NYSI and SP, in order to make sure I get the whole thing I have to allot two hours).

Sodboy13

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 09:54:35 PM »
Yeah, on my Comcast lineup, Buzzr is 364 and Light is at 365, and both were showing Light's lineup in the guide since Tuesday or Wednesday.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
Seems to be fixed now at least on my guide.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)