Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Disclaimers  (Read 54651 times)

johnnya2k3

Re: Game Show Disclaimers
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2022, 10:54:40 PM »
Forgot about this on Rodeo Drive:

"The views and opinions of contestants on Rodeo Drive are solely their opinions and views and not necessarily statements of fact nor they do necessarily reflect those of the program, its producers, the broadcasting company, its stations or their sponsors." (They were perhaps the only game show with that kind of disclaimer)

BrandonFG

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2022, 01:04:11 AM »
Given the show revolved celebrity gossip, it sounds like Jay Wolpert and/or Lifetime felt the need to cover their butts in case a celebrity felt like suing.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kniwt

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2023, 01:35:09 PM »
Bumping the old thread after rewatching the rediscovered Temptation AU episodes.

Whenever Temptation described a car, they'd always state the value and add "plus on-road costs." I don't think I've ever heard that sort-of disclaimer about a car on another show.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2023, 02:16:57 PM »
Whenever Temptation described a car, they'd always state the value and add "plus on-road costs." I don't think I've ever heard that sort-of disclaimer about a car on another show.

I've never, either, but I suspect it's the Aussie way of saying "plus tax and license," which Jay used to do on LMaD.
czambo@mac.com

Kniwt

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2023, 05:51:12 PM »
I've never, either, but I suspect it's the Aussie way of saying "plus tax and license," which Jay used to do on LMaD.

That makes more sense than what I was thinking: It was the Aussie way of saying "we ain't payin' for your gas petrol." :)

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2023, 07:47:15 PM »
At least earlier on, it went: "Many of our contestants are chosen from the studio audience, so if you'd like to be one, write us. Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope and mail to: Tickets, Match Game '73, CBS Television City..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7mJ0aynpxk

-Jason

The 1986 Hollywood Squares also got their contestants from the studio audience.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2023, 08:37:00 AM »
Game show-adjacent, on the "Angie" episode where the two families appear on Feud (real on-air personalities but fake set), an unusual disclaimer appears and read aloud about how the gameplay was scripted. Have never seen other sitcoms with this disclaimer before when their characters appear on real game shows, maybe a Miller-Boyett thing just trying to cover their ass if someone brings a federal quiz-show suit against them?

https://youtu.be/LulkCNIlybQ?t=1168 (19:29)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:04 PM »
Interesting that an ABC sitcom from 1980 couldn't use the actual Family Feud set.

aaron sica

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2023, 02:12:48 PM »
I'm thinking I wasn't the only one that started the video from the beginning just to hear the opening theme (one of my all time favorites), only to find it was mainly skipped.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2023, 02:30:53 PM »
Interesting that an ABC sitcom from 1980 couldn't use the actual Family Feud set.
Or the theme song, which was recreated here.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2023, 04:00:37 PM »

I searched prior to my post about this and it was speculated that since Angie was filmed, the production team didn't want to find a way to get film cameras into ABC Television Center (videotape cameras).

Now Fridays on the other hand, which had a parody I posted about previously, did perform at ABC TV Center, but they only reused the podiums for the faceoff and contestants and had the backgrounds built anew. Other sitcoms, even if they aired on another network (e.g. NBC Mama's Family going onto the actual Feud set), had no issues going onto the actual set.

rebelwrest

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2023, 06:09:00 PM »

I searched prior to my post about this and it was speculated that since Angie was filmed, the production team didn't want to find a way to get film cameras into ABC Television Center (videotape cameras).

Now Fridays on the other hand, which had a parody I posted about previously, did perform at ABC TV Center, but they only reused the podiums for the faceoff and contestants and had the backgrounds built anew. Other sitcoms, even if they aired on another network (e.g. NBC Mama's Family going onto the actual Feud set), had no issues going onto the actual set.

In the bigger markets, didn't nighttime "Family Feud' air mostly on NBC affiliates?  I remember the episode, and the Harpers were on the nighttime version.  I think NBC wouldn't have let them compete  on the daytime version.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

That Don Guy

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2023, 07:04:31 PM »
Game show-adjacent, on the "Angie" episode where the two families appear on Feud (real on-air personalities but fake set), an unusual disclaimer appears and read aloud about how the gameplay was scripted. Have never seen other sitcoms with this disclaimer before when their characters appear on real game shows, maybe a Miller-Boyett thing just trying to cover their ass if someone brings a federal quiz-show suit against them?

https://youtu.be/LulkCNIlybQ?t=1168 (19:29)

I remember this, and I can almost guarantee that it was a one-off thing (by ABC), because there was an All-Star Family Feud Special the next night, and they didn't want anybody to get the two confused.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2023, 07:44:34 PM »

In 1980 studio 54 was probably busy all the time with Bandstand, Welk and the real FF.

Was Welk at CBS in 1980?

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2023, 07:56:39 PM »