The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game Show Disclaimers

(1/27) > >>

Argo:
Off and on I've noticed interesting game show disclaimers on game shows.

I haven't watched many Joker's Wild episodes, but noticed during the credits of a 1982 episode:

"in the event of the unavailability or price increase of any prize, producer reserves the right to substitute cash or prizes equivalent to the announced price of such prize"

Was this used often?

Also, I remember for a period, especially on 70's Nighttime TPIR, Johnny would say "The model of automobile won maybe changed due to availability, prices of automobiles do not include tax and license and hotel accommodations are subject to availability.", then that disappeared. Were there different rules for the daytime vs syndicated episodes?

One of the last disclaimers I've noticed was from Martindale High Rollers = "All Trips originate from Los Angeles".

Any other odd game show disclaimers anyone know about? Anyone know when/why they occurred or why they disappeared?

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: Argo on June 21, 2018, 10:21:21 AM ---
Also, I remember for a period, especially on 70's Nighttime TPIR, Johnny would say "The model of automobile won maybe changed due to availability, prices of automobiles do not include tax and license and hotel accommodations are subject to availability.", then that disappeared. Were there different rules for the daytime vs syndicated episodes?

--- End quote ---

Not sure on that, but I do remember that on LMAD, Jay Stewart would usually say for car prizes, "we're adding tax and license bringing your total to $x,xxx.xx".  Don't know of any other game shows that did that.

jimlangefan:

--- Quote from: Argo on June 21, 2018, 10:21:21 AM ---Off and on I've noticed interesting game show disclaimers on game shows.

I haven't watched many Joker's Wild episodes, but noticed during the credits of a 1982 episode:

"in the event of the unavailability or price increase of any prize, producer reserves the right to substitute cash or prizes equivalent to the announced price of such prize"

Was this used often?

--- End quote ---

Joker & Tic Tac used that credit from late 1980 through almost the end of their runs in 1986.  Bullseye used that credit as well, even after the switch to Celebrity Bullseye.

Chief-O:
Staying in the Barry & Enright stable.....

"Discovery of a contestant's ineligibility may result in forfeiture of accrued winnings and the donation by producer of such winnings to a charity."

Mr. Matté:

--- Quote from: Chief-O on June 21, 2018, 01:37:29 PM ---Staying in the Barry & Enright stable.....

"Discovery of a contestant's ineligibility may result in forfeiture of accrued winnings and the donation by producer of such winnings to a charity."

--- End quote ---

B&E must've disclaimered up the wazoo to try to make up for the 1950s stuff. I remember seeing the credits on an early syndie TJW where the list of ±"The following companies have furnished prizes for free or less than retail for promotion" included "Barry & Enright Prod."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version