Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite production company logo and announcer spiel?  (Read 3190 times)

danderson

Favorite production company logo and announcer spiel?
« on: June 16, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »
I'll go with the Merv Griffin logo on Wheel of Fortune with the late Jack Clark-or the Reg Grundy logo with Jay Stewart. Those 2 were my favorites, but i'll add some of the Goodson-Todman ones with Johnny Olsen or Gene Wood.

ET206

Re: Favorite production company logo and announcer spiel?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
"From Television City in Hollywood,  this is Gene Wood speaking for Family Feud!  A Mark Goodson television production! "  The Reg Grundy closings were unique.  "Chuck Woolery's wardrobe is provided by Pierre Cardin.  Scrabble, starring Chuck Woolery, is produced in association with Exposure Unlimited.  This program is based on the Scrabble brand crossword game.  This is Charley Tuna speaking."

danderson

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 02:33:40 PM »
Have to agree about the RG closings back then-"Sale of the Century is a Reg Grundy Production!" Add the fanfare, and that was a good closing logo. And i'll add the Procter and Gamble logo on soaps-not that i watched them regularly.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 04:23:35 AM »
I always liked the Carruthers simplicity on Press Your Luck. Small logo, same typeface as the credits, nothing fancy.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »
Not really a favorite, but I thought that the way they spaced "A Bob Stewart Production" like a pyramid on the 80's series was clever.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TimK2003

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 04:12:31 PM »
Jay Wolpert Productions with the Robin Hood-like profile within the first letter was unique like many of his shows.

Also liked the Heatter-Quigley H-Q mashup as well.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 04:39:41 PM »
Not really a favorite, but I thought that the way they spaced "A Bob Stewart Production" like a pyramid on the 80's series was clever.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

I was always partial to the 70s/80s Barry-Enright logo, with the interlocking B-E.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Mike Tennant

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »
I was always partial to the 70s/80s Barry-Enright logo, with the interlocking B-E.
Which actually was their logo going back to the 1950s, as seen at 28:54 below: