Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2017-18 Season Finale thread  (Read 2619 times)

brianhenke

2017-18 Season Finale thread
« on: June 04, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
  This is a thread for the Season Finales for the 2017-18 season.

Family Feud - May 23
  Funny You Should Ask - May 23? (still with no Cincinnati station)
  LMAD - June 1
  WOF -June 8 (This Friday)
  J! - Sometime in July (most likely July 27; is there going to be a Teen Tournament this season?)
  TPIR - TBA (normally new episodes air in the summer; I looked at G-R.net and I didn't see anything)

Any other information should be posted here.
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

tyshaun1

Re: 2017-18 Season Finale thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:53:28 PM »

TPIR - TBA (normally new episodes air in the summer; I looked at G-R.net and I didn't see anything)

http://www.priceisright.com/calendar/

Per this link, July 2. There is a new episode on July 4th, however.

Tyshaun

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »
Depends how picky you want to be.  The last week of the season is two episodes long, airing on June 26 and July 4.  The shows airing on June 25, June 29, and July 2 were skipped earlier in the season.

Also, fun fact about LMaD's drastically out-of-order airdates:  Last week's first-run episodes included both the season finale (on Friday) and the season premiere (on Monday).

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »
Millionaire was left out of the grouping here. Their finale aired on June 1st.

When it comes to LMAD, my assumption is that they weren't pleased with the results of the show to kick off the season, so they held it until now, assuming people probably wouldn't care about all the season premiere mentions thinking it were a repeat. But it was befuddling that they hardly setup their season premiere for much success to begin with including a pretty crappy Big Deal.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 03:25:17 AM »
I don't watch LMaD.  Did they actually mention during the show that it was the premiere?  'Cause if they did and then they shuffled the episode off to the end of the season...well, that's weird.

tyshaun1

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »
I don't watch LMaD.  Did they actually mention during the show that it was the premiere?  'Cause if they did and then they shuffled the episode off to the end of the season...well, that's weird.

They probably tape multiple openings to some of their shows in case they want to use it as the season premiere. IIRC, it is the show tapes more "deals" than they air just in case they get a segment not worthy enough to broadcast.

Tyshaun

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 01:04:26 PM »
If you're talking about the show that aired on Memorial Day Steve, yes, it was all "first show of the season" throughout.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck