Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs Feud  (Read 3965 times)

adamjk

Combs Feud
« on: February 01, 2004, 05:56:10 PM »
I know that Combs Feud did not air shows on Thanksgiving, thanks to a friend of mine, but he also said that there was no show the day after either. He said he was 99.9 % sure. Can someone confirm this as correct? I ask this because, for my game show tape trading list for each show I have, I wanna have the correct airdates and episode numbers for each show.

The first Combs Feud I taped was the Halloween 1991 show. In order to find the episode number, I went to my calender on my PC, and I went back to when the show debuted till 10-31-91, and added all the weekdays up, and got 859 shows. That's when I found out about the no shows on Thanksgiving. So that makes 856. But I have to know for sure whether a show aired the day after to make sure I got my info right. Can someone help?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Combs Feud
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 11:20:36 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:56 PM\'] I know that Combs Feud did not air shows on Thanksgiving, thanks to a friend of mine, but he also said that there was no show the day after either. He said he was 99.9 % sure. Can someone confirm this as correct? I ask this because, for my game show tape trading list for each show I have, I wanna have the correct airdates and episode numbers for each show.

The first Combs Feud I taped was the Halloween 1991 show. In order to find the episode number, I went to my calender on my PC, and I went back to when the show debuted till 10-31-91, and added all the weekdays up, and got 859 shows. That's when I found out about the no shows on Thanksgiving. So that makes 856. But I have to know for sure whether a show aired the day after to make sure I got my info right. Can someone help? [/quote]
I do have a TV GUIDE from Thanksgiving Week 1990 (the year before your cutoff).  All three of CBS' games at the time (FF, WoF and TPiR) aired the day after Turkey Day, along with the movie "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" and the Oklahoma/Nebraska football game.  Whether they were new episodes or reruns I don't know.

Doug
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 11:21:57 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

zachhoran

Combs Feud
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 09:33:19 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 11:20 PM\']
I do have a TV GUIDE from Thanksgiving Week 1990 (the year before your cutoff).  All three of CBS' games at the time (FF, WoF and TPiR) aired the day after Turkey Day, along with the movie "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" and the Oklahoma/Nebraska football game.  Whether they were new episodes or reruns I don't know.

Doug [/quote]
 Combs Feud wasn't airing at the time, but CBS aired the morning GS lineup on Black Friday in 1985 as well($25KP, PYL, TPIR, not sure about Body Language though)

snowpeck

Combs Feud
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 12:38:02 PM »
I remember distinctly that the day after Thanksgiving in 1989, CBS aired either Snoopy Come Home or Care Bears II (one aired on Thanksgiving day, the other on the day after) as well as some Saturday morning repeats (Muppet Babies, Garfield, etc).  I don't know if any football aired.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)