Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: America Says starts June 18 on GSN  (Read 6323 times)

BillCullen1

America Says starts June 18 on GSN
« on: May 21, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
GSN is now airing promos with this start date. Will be seen at 5 pm ET. Be there, aloha.

BrandonFG

Re: America Says starts June 18 on GSN
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 05:17:54 PM »
Hadn't heard of this one. Here's a little more on the show.

Including this one, how many GSN originals do we have in first-run? Assuming Idiotest, Divided, Winsanity, and Snap Decision still air, that's close to a half-dozen once America Says premieres.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:50:40 PM »
I believe Divided and Winsanity are the only other GSN originals in first run at this time. Snap Decision is off the GSN schedule as well as Idiotest. The latter is surprising.

Flerbert419

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:58:56 PM »
So when GSN takes a break airing Family Feud, you can try this Family Feud knockoff!

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 11:11:40 PM »
So when GSN takes a break airing Family Feud
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »
Including this one, how many GSN originals do we have in first-run? Assuming Idiotest, Divided, Winsanity, and Snap Decision still air, that's close to a half-dozen once America Says premieres.
Falling on the sword to be the "well, actually!" guy:

Idiotest was turfed in a slash-and-burn a year or so ago.
Divided and Winsanity air at three in the morning Pacific Time.
I do not see Snap Decision on the schedule.

/if I was giving a pass to resurrect just three shows to be on it would be Russian Roulette, Lingo and Idiotest.
//if we didn't have $100,000 Pyramid on ABC then The Pyramid would be fourth.
///a team on a recent episode of Divided had the team win $9, $5 and $2.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »
The day has come. Actually GSN had a sneak preview of this show on Sunday night. Similar to Family Feud but with a twist. Four members on each team.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »
John Michael Higgins is the character actor that you hire when your situation comedy does a game show episode.  He's your go-to guy when you want someone to play an insincere empty suit.  He's probably a decent guy to get all the work he has, and he might be just fine at this, but the clips just have an unreal quality to me because I expect him to be in character.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »
So did anyone tune in to see this? What do you think? I think it's okay.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 01:04:29 PM »
John Michael Higgins is the character actor that you hire when your situation comedy does a game show episode.  He's your go-to guy when you want someone to play an insincere empty suit.

Although I thought he did a more than passable David Letterman in The Late Shift.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 07:30:23 PM »
Looked like a sitcom parody of FF.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 09:41:54 PM »
If you can stay awake to the last act the bonus game feels very familiar as it Tag-Team Pass the Buck. The main game has lots of playability but it feels closer to Hot Potato than Family Feud. The host is there, and the prize money is $15,000 split four ways. Better than some of their recent fare but utterly forgettable. C minus.

Travis L. Eberle

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 09:57:23 PM »
I was very disappointed to watch the sneak preview and see that it was was same round three times with no deviation. If you're going to rip off Family Feud and Hot Potato at least do something different. Just comes off as so boring. Ugh.

I guess I should just be happy that GSN is still in the business of making originals, but man, I didn't think they'd go for "clone of the show we're already rerunning into the ground."
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »
I guess I should just be happy that GSN is still in the business of making originals
Given that they let The Chase USA lapse, basically paved over Idiotest, Emogenius and Chain Reaction and banished Winsanity and Divided to the middle of the night, I guess this is one tiptoe in the right direction.

The Bob Stewart pilot Caught in the Act starring Jack Clark would be an easy game to replicate and one that five-nines worth of their viewing audience would not have heard of. Plus prizes like 50 Chinese Dinners would be miles better than "I'm going to give you a bonus thousand points!"
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »
Plus prizes like 50 Chinese Dinners

"Dear Lord, let us thank Bob Stewart for this bountiful Peking Duck before us tonight..."

/"actually that's God; he only THINKS he's Bob Stewart..."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe