Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Classic  (Read 11243 times)

zachhoran

GSN Classic
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2004, 09:34:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:17 PM\']
I can think of one thing that does translate to, though:  With Valentine's Day on a Saturday this year, and with the marathon running from 9am-4am ET.....we're gonna have to miss one of Liz & Pat's appearances on Blockbusters due to this marathon!  Come on, GSN, RECONSIDER!  We PLANNED to see ALL of Liz & Pat's reign on Blockbusters and get ALL of it into our tape collections, you MUST LET US!  Let us have our Blockbusters that weekend and make this Love Connection marathon WAIT 'TIL AFTER we've seen the last of Liz & Pat on Blockbusters!  I don't care what your advertisers will say and I DON'T WANT TO CARE!  When are you gonna get it through those thick skulls of yours that you are required by our principles to listen to US NOT BENJAMINS!?!? [/quote]
THey might not skip an episode, we don't know that for sure. I don't see what feelers you have into GSN, Thad.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 10:01:54 PM by Matt Ottinger »

dzinkin

GSN Classic
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2004, 09:38:15 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:34 PM\'] THey might not skip an episode, we don't know that for sure. I don't see what feelers you have into GSN, Thad. [/quote]
 He has "feelers into GSN" to the same extent that he has any concept of how the television business actually works.  Which is to say, not at all.

CarShark

GSN Classic
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2004, 09:40:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 12:17 PM\']But what we do know is that there will be a marathon of "previously unseen on GSN" eps of LC on Valentine's Day.  Whether that translates to showing these episodes during the regular schedule remains to be seen.[/quote]
I can think of one thing that does translate to, though:  With Valentine's Day on a Saturday this year, and with the marathon running from 9am-4am ET.....we're gonna have to miss one of Liz & Pat's appearances on Blockbusters due to this marathon!  Come on, GSN, RECONSIDER!  We PLANNED to see ALL of Liz & Pat's reign on Blockbusters and get ALL of it into our tape collections, you MUST LET US!  Let us have our Blockbusters that weekend and make this Love Connection marathon WAIT 'TIL AFTER we've seen the last of Liz & Pat on Blockbusters!  I don't care what your advertisers will say and I DON'T WANT TO CARE!  When are you gonna get it through those thick skulls of yours that you are required by our principles to listen to US NOT BENJAMINS!?!? [/quote]
Dude, is he always like this? Anyways, I don't really care too much for Games Across America, but it is probably the only reason I'll watch a Lingo repeat.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 10:02:59 PM by Matt Ottinger »

MikeK

• Martha!
GSN Classic
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2004, 10:00:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 12:17 PM\']But what we do know is that there will be a marathon of "previously unseen on GSN" eps of LC on Valentine's Day.  Whether that translates to showing these episodes during the regular schedule remains to be seen.[/quote]
I can think of one thing that does translate to, though:  With Valentine's Day on a Saturday this year, and with the marathon running from 9am-4am ET.....we're gonna have to miss one of Liz & Pat's appearances on Blockbusters due to this marathon!  Come on, GSN, RECONSIDER!  We PLANNED to see ALL of Liz & Pat's reign on Blockbusters and get ALL of it into our tape collections, you MUST LET US!  Let us have our Blockbusters that weekend and make this Love Connection marathon WAIT 'TIL AFTER we've seen the last of Liz & Pat on Blockbusters!  I don't care what your advertisers will say and I DON'T WANT TO CARE!  When are you gonna get it through those thick skulls of yours that you are required by our principles to listen to US NOT BENJAMINS!?!? [/quote]
A small nit to pick--shouldn't Blockbusters be in gold?

I wouldn't mind GSN going to Love Connection (sorry it's not in red) 24/7, just to see Thad's jugular explode.  If that happens, maybe, just maybe Thad won't post these moronic rants again.

Thad, I have all of Liz and Pat's run on tape.  Here's a spoiler for the episode you might miss.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

They win...again.  Get a life.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 10:05:56 PM by Matt Ottinger »

Matt Ottinger

GSN Classic
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2004, 10:07:26 PM »
Thad's post (as well as several quoted responses) has been edited for content.  And yeah, Thad's future posts will be...let's say "more closely monitored" from now on.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Casey Buck

GSN Classic
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2004, 10:55:17 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 06:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:34 PM\'] THey might not skip an episode, we don't know that for sure. I don't see what feelers you have into GSN, Thad. [/quote]
He has "feelers into GSN" to the same extent that he has any concept of how the television business actually works.  Which is to say, not at all. [/quote]
David, you sure you don't want to bring back Moronionaire? :) Thad's recent postings are a classic example of a Moronionaire contestant's stupidity.

I do realize, though, that Moronionaire's purpose is obsolete now that we are off ATGS.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 10:58:53 PM by Casey Buck »

zachhoran

GSN Classic
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2004, 11:04:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:55 PM\']
David, you sure you don't want to bring back Moronionaire? :) Thad's recent postings are a classic example of a Moronionaire contestant's stupidity.

I do realize, though, that Moronionaire's purpose is obsolete now that we are off ATGS. [/quote]
 It'd have to be SUper Moronionaire now, as in Super Millionaire.

dzinkin

GSN Classic
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2004, 11:48:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:55 PM\'] David, you sure you don't want to bring back Moronionaire? :) Thad's recent postings are a classic example of a Moronionaire contestant's stupidity.

I do realize, though, that Moronionaire's purpose is obsolete now that we are off ATGS. [/quote]
I won't pretend that I haven't considered elements of a new Moronionaire.  J.W. Justice and Chuck Gibson were already slated for host and announcer roles on the never-released Episode 11... and we'd have to have Chris Lemon host at least one game if we plan to take moron abuse to new heights.  And who could forget the inimitable talents of contestant coordinator Charles "Chuckie Baby" Donegan, or the Double-Blind Contestant Selection Committee, made up of Eddie Timanus and Stevland Morris?

But as you noted, Moronionaire isn't really needed now that we have actual moderators.  Moreover, it would violate the Eligibility Guidelines in numerous ways, all of which I'm sure Matt and Chris C. are pondering as they read this. :-)

(Edited: how could I have forgotten the Double-Blind Selection Committee? :-)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 11:51:27 PM by dzinkin »

dzinkin

GSN Classic
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2004, 11:52:10 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 11:04 PM\'] It'd have to be SUper Moronionaire now, as in Super Millionaire. [/quote]
 That would be STUPOR Moronionaire, thank you very much. :-)

BrandonFG

GSN Classic
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2004, 12:06:11 AM »
[quote name=\'STYDfan\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 12:17 PM\']But what we do know is that there will be a marathon of "previously unseen on GSN" eps of LC on Valentine's Day.  Whether that translates to showing these episodes during the regular schedule remains to be seen.[/quote]
Dude, is he always like this? [/quote]
You don't know the 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, or 1/8 of it. :-P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 12:06:27 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
GSN Classic
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2004, 10:23:46 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:48 PM\'] I won't pretend that I haven't considered elements of a new Moronionaire.  J.W. Justice and Chuck Gibson were already slated for host and announcer roles on the never-released Episode 11... and we'd have to have Chris Lemon host at least one game if we plan to take moron abuse to new heights.  And who could forget the inimitable talents of contestant coordinator Charles "Chuckie Baby" Donegan, or the Double-Blind Contestant Selection Committee, made up of Eddie Timanus and Stevland Morris?

But as you noted, Moronionaire isn't really needed now that we have actual moderators.  Moreover, it would violate the Eligibility Guidelines in numerous ways, all of which I'm sure Matt and Chris C. are pondering as they read this. :-) [/quote]
 Even so, it could still be written and placed on your website, if you don't want to offend the powers that be here or use up the bandwidth (I think you said to me once before that a good chunk of the time MORONIONAIRE writes itself anyway).

Just my two Lincolns.  :)  Oh, and that Steveland Morris plays a mean piano and harmonica.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Winkfan

GSN Classic
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2004, 06:55:06 PM »
They might not skip an episode, we don't know that for sure. I don't see what feelers you have into GSN, Thad.
Wait just a split second, Zach! Last week, GSN DID skip the 8/19/62 What's My Line episode that had Shirley Jones as the 'Mystery Guest' and went right to the 8/26/62 one with Carol Channing, which I've already seen.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Kit Dougherty of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:54:29 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

zachhoran

GSN Classic
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2004, 07:06:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 06:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 06:34 PM\'] They might not skip an episode, we don't know that for sure. I don't see what feelers you have into GSN, Thad. [/quote]
Wait just a split second, Zach! Last week, GSN DID skip the 8/19/62 What's My Line episode that had Shirley Jones as the 'Mystery Guest' and went right to the 8/26/62 one with Carol Channing, which I've already seen.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Kit Dougherty of the Big Board!' [/quote]
 They do skip episodes on some shows on occasion, but they sometimes do and sometimes do not skip episodes due to special programming preempting a regularly scheduled program(B&W overnight has yet to be preempted in its two year existence IIRC)

Chelsea Thrasher

GSN Classic
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2004, 07:38:27 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:55 PM\'] David, you sure you don't want to bring back Moronionaire? :) Thad's recent postings are a classic example of a Moronionaire contestant's stupidity.

I won't pretend that I haven't considered elements of a new Moronionaire.  J.W. Justice and Chuck Gibson were already slated for host and announcer roles on the never-released Episode 11... and we'd have to have Chris Lemon host at least one game if we plan to take moron abuse to new heights.  And who could forget the inimitable talents of contestant coordinator Charles "Chuckie Baby" Donegan, or the Double-Blind Contestant Selection Committee, made up of Eddie Timanus and Stevland Morris?

But as you noted, Moronionaire isn't really needed now that we have actual moderators.  Moreover, it would violate the Eligibility Guidelines in numerous ways, all of which I'm sure Matt and Chris C. are pondering as they read this. :-)

(Edited: how could I have forgotten the Double-Blind Selection Committee? :-) [/quote]
 Moronionaire returning?

I'll get the Krispy Kremes.   And the taser.

uncamark

GSN Classic
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2004, 08:12:25 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 12:17 PM\'][quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:58 AM\'] GSN now holds the license to ALL the Love Connection eps? I thought they just picked up a batch of the 1991-92 shows.

It's a guilty pleasure of mine, so I wouldn't mind seeing some of the 1980s episodes. [/quote]
GSN may or may not have the license to show all 11 years (it could be just five years, for all we know--unless someone's made a phone call to Culver City for confirmation).  But what we do know is that there will be a marathon of "previously unseen on GSN" eps of LC on Valentine's Day.  Whether that translates to showing these episodes during the regular schedule remains to be seen.[/quote]
My guess, especially considering the extra daytime slot "LC" will be getting starting in March, is that they exercised the option and got additional episodes.  Something tells that they probably did not picked all 1,500 + episodes, though--probably maybe another 500, if that much.