Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Remembering the old GSN  (Read 20284 times)

AH3RD

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2004, 04:08:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:08 PM\'] What they should do is set up a GSN2 for all the GSN originals and Reality TV, and have GSN be nothing but classics. Maybe bring back some of the classics from days of yore. :) [/quote]
Yes, but you know it isn't gonna happen, so why keep harping about it? [/quote]
I've got to agree on that, Lemon. And even if it did happen, not enough cable outlets will pick it up, and it may take years before they do!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 04:09:29 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

BrandonFG

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2004, 05:45:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 06:14 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 05:32 PM\'] There's enough bogus addresses flying around Usenet (not to mention how easy it is to imitate the tone of a Blitzkrieg post) that leads me to wonder whether it might've actually been Harvey or Grant doing all of the posting (G-d knows they certainly have enough time on their hands to pull it off ;-D).
 [/quote]
That's a good point.  I'd hate to think that people looked at the various "matt _ottinger" Yahoo or Hotmail accounts and actually thought any of that was me! [/quote]
Sure, Matt...and I suppose, next you'll be telling us you host a game show up in Michigan, and that you went to college with Magic Johnson. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

EmiOfBrie

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2004, 04:33:57 AM »
[quote name=\'CBSJokersWildFan\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 02:04 AM\'] I, for one, am glad that his act was silenced here. [/quote]
 As am I....all he did for me was bash me for my controversial medical history....   :(

1978-Jeopardy

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2004, 06:48:39 AM »
So, what were we originally talking about again?

EmiOfBrie

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2004, 07:38:59 AM »
Game Show Network and how it used to be all about the classics  :)

TonicBH

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2004, 07:52:57 AM »
In all honesty, Chuck and I haven't been on speaking terms since whoknowswhen. He ended up insulting my personal life (back then I had a crush on... not quite a girl, but not quite a guy). This annoyed me and kinda depressed me at times for things he said.

Most likely if I gave Chuck a second chance, he'd chew me out right in the offset.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

MikeK

• Martha!
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2004, 11:45:03 AM »
Guys...

The Chuck bashing ended almost a week ago.  Thanks for beating the dead horse.

adamjk

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2004, 03:46:08 PM »
Getting back on topic now, GSN is in some ways still all about the classics. Sure a lot of the shows that used to be there are not, but hey at least we still got FF and MG. Among a number others (Card Sharks, Blockbusters, etc). I say we quit complaining about what's not there, and enjoy what is.  Would I like to see shows such as Super Password, classic Price, Tic Tac Dough etc, back on GSN? Of course I would. We all would. But complaining about it to anyone who will listen, isn't gonna make a bit of difference. Maybe if we just let it go for a while, maybe someday we will get our wish. But until then, I'm just gonna watch what I like, enjoy it, and just simply change the channel when there's something on I don't like. I suggest the rest of you do the same.

Besides, if you want to see the shows not on GSN currently that badly, there's always tape trades.

1978-Jeopardy

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2004, 07:19:37 PM »
Would I like to see shows such as Super Password, classic Price, Tic Tac Dough etc, back on GSN? Of course I would. We all would. But complaining about it to anyone who will listen, isn't gonna make a bit of difference.

What bothers me is that they bought the Bob Stewart library and refuse to air such favorites as "chain reaction" and "$20,000 pyramid". They certainly have the time; GSN's parent company is a wealthy one, and I don't think they need paid programing.  You're right about complaining, however.

Matt Ottinger

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2004, 08:39:22 PM »
[quote name=\'1978-Jeopardy\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 08:19 PM\'] GSN's parent company is a wealthy one, and I don't think they need paid programing. [/quote]
 I can't believe people are still saying things like this.  GSN is a business.  If it's better for the business to run paid programming instead of obscure library product, that's what they're going to do.  Simple as that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gameshowguy2000

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2004, 11:08:10 PM »
[quote name=\'EmiOfBrie\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 06:38 AM\'] Game Show Network and how it used to be all about the classics  :) [/quote]
 It was. Did the Originals begin in 1997?

adamjk

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2004, 11:18:21 PM »
Actually, no. GSN had originals at the beginning. They were interactive shows. Anyone remember Trivia Track and Super Decades?

gameshowguy2000

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2004, 12:02:59 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 10:18 PM\'] Actually, no. GSN had originals at the beginning. They were interactive shows. Anyone remember Trivia Track and Super Decades? [/quote]
 I'd heard about those shows, when I came upon Travis's Homepage.

Were those Interactive games played the same way they are with today's Interactive games?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2004, 12:40:42 AM »
[quote name=\'1978-Jeopardy\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 07:19 PM\']
Would I like to see shows such as Super Password, classic Price, Tic Tac Dough etc, back on GSN? Of course I would. We all would. But complaining about it to anyone who will listen, isn't gonna make a bit of difference.

What bothers me is that they bought the Bob Stewart library and refuse to air such favorites as "chain reaction" and "$20,000 pyramid". They certainly have the time; GSN's parent company is a wealthy one, and I don't think they need paid programing.  You're right about complaining, however. [/quote]

A show that finishes in the bottom 50 of a fan poll isn't exactly a favorite, IMNSHO.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 02:27:28 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2004, 12:29:59 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 11:18 PM\'] Actually, no. GSN had originals at the beginning. They were interactive shows. Anyone remember Trivia Track and Super Decades? [/quote]
 Yes. To this day, I still marvel at Larry Anderson's ad-libbing skills.