Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Remembering the old GSN  (Read 19669 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2004, 07:28:52 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 07:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 04:19 PM\'] I still fail to see what Zach did wrong. He might have said something stupid, but he didn't inslut Chuck or Mike. [/quote]
BAN PETERMARSHALLFAN!  HE CALLED CHUCK AND MIKE SLUTS! [/quote]
 It was one time and I only did it since I had to purchase textbooks and pay off my tuition!

Sorta ObGS:  It does bring a new meaning to WinTuition...

PeterMarshallFan

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2004, 07:39:49 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 08:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 04:19 PM\'] I still fail to see what Zach did wrong. He might have said something stupid, but he didn't inslut Chuck or Mike. [/quote]
BAN PETERMARSHALLFAN!  HE CALLED CHUCK AND MIKE SLUTS!

[/quote]
 Wow, that was embarrasing... :-D

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2004, 07:43:17 PM »
BAN PETERMARSHALLFAN! HE CALLED CHUCK AND MIKE SLUTS! 

It was one time and I only did it since I had to purchase textbooks and pay off my tuition!
That would make you a whore. If you were a slut I'd know about it by now.

PeterMarshallFan

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2004, 07:45:01 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 08:43 PM\']

That would make you a whore. If you were a slut I'd know about it by now. [/quote]
 I'm putting that as my signature. That is classic.

GS Warehouse

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2004, 09:05:52 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 07:43 PM\']

That would make you a whore. If you were a slut I'd know about it by now. [/quote]
TMI!  Forget TV-G; I think we're well into TV-14 territory now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 09:06:06 PM by GS Warehouse »

zachhoran

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2004, 09:21:34 PM »
I'm sorry that Chuck G. got banned(though it wasn't my decision), and that people who didn't want their name brought up were brought up by me, even if it wasn't meant to offend anyone. Chuck G. was a part of this community, even if he didn't post until these past couple of times. This kinds of reminds me of that "mystery poster" we dealt with on Usenet in 2000 and 2001 that came there to talk about a time the person met me in 1999 in a chat room and supposedly in person, and this "mystery poster" person NEVER posted anything else other than bashing myself and a few others. That having been said, it is nice not to see all the bashing that was done to people on Usenet who often didn't deserve it(of which I and some others here were guilty)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 09:22:49 PM by zachhoran »

CBSJokersWildFan

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2004, 02:04:59 AM »
My thoughts on the Gibson matter:

I found ATGS via Google in August of 2002.  One of the primary reasons I never posted there was Chuck Gibson and his constant, pointless bashing of other posters, not to mention the general blood-on-the-floor atmosphere that was ATGS at that time.

I, for one, am glad that his act was silenced here.  Kudos to the mods for having the courage to tell the bully to take his flamethrower and go home.  Hats off to ya!  :-)

As for GSN, I hardly watch the channel anymore.  And I can't say that I miss it.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2004, 04:32:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 01:50 PM\'] I checked back once, at the old ATGS, and I remember finding a string of three months where he posted almost daily, and NOT ONE POST was topical, they were all "STFU" or "go away"-type flames.
 [/quote]
 Not that it really matters, but how much of that was really him?  There's enough bogus addresses flying around Usenet (not to mention how easy it is to imitate the tone of a Blitzkrieg post) that leads me to wonder whether it might've actually been Harvey or Grant doing all of the posting (G-d knows they certainly have enough time on their hands to pull it off ;-D).

It's all water under the bridge anyway, but just some food for thought nonetheless.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Matt Ottinger

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2004, 06:14:30 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 05:32 PM\'] There's enough bogus addresses flying around Usenet (not to mention how easy it is to imitate the tone of a Blitzkrieg post) that leads me to wonder whether it might've actually been Harvey or Grant doing all of the posting (G-d knows they certainly have enough time on their hands to pull it off ;-D).
 [/quote]
 That's a good point.  I'd hate to think that people looked at the various "matt _ottinger" Yahoo or Hotmail accounts and actually thought any of that was me!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2004, 07:12:54 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 04:32 PM\'] There's enough bogus addresses flying around Usenet (not to mention how easy it is to imitate the tone of a Blitzkrieg post) that leads me to wonder whether it might've actually been Harvey or Grant doing all of the posting (G-d knows they certainly have enough time on their hands to pull it off ;-D).

[/quote]
 The ATGS posts from Blitz, Zinkin, Ottinger, and a couple others since December 2002 were from people posing as them(and they didn't do a good job impersonating them).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2004, 08:28:53 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 02:32 PM\'] whether it might've actually been Harvey or Grant doing all of the posting (G-d knows they certainly have enough time on their hands to pull it off ;-D).
 [/quote]
 Point taken, but I'm referring to those posts that were specifically Chuck Gibson's. As Zach said, the imitators were easy to discern.

That's Chuck Gibson.

G-I-B-S-O-N. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2004, 08:48:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 08:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 02:32 PM\'] whether it might've actually been Harvey or Grant doing all of the posting (G-d knows they certainly have enough time on their hands to pull it off ;-D).

[/quote]
 I don't think we want to mention HD or GB in any context....

gameshowguy2000

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2004, 11:31:27 PM »
Agreed.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Let's Move On!

mctoyboy

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2004, 11:48:43 PM »
Well.....at least the slut coment was amusing =)
j

Chelsea Thrasher

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2004, 12:30:58 AM »
Calling you a whore is like telling your girlfriend her butt is big.   You know it's true, it's just that you're afraid to say anything.  With that aside, YES, you ARE a whore. :-)

And, OBWhoringAndGameshows:  Did you get paid in Funny Money?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 12:38:16 AM by Seth Thrasher »