Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Remembering the old GSN  (Read 19674 times)

zachhoran

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 07:11:54 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 12:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 02:55 AM\'] ..Batteries Not Included... [/quote]
Don't you mean, "Sarcasm Detector not included"?  I thought the company that made those things went bankrupt last fall because they invested their entire budget in ad time on Coupling. [/quote]
 You mean Mike K. and Chuck G. couldn't get ad time on GSN

BrandonFG

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 07:18:40 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 12:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 02:55 AM\'] ..Batteries Not Included... [/quote]
Don't you mean, "Sarcasm Detector not included"?  I thought the company that made those things went bankrupt last fall because they invested their entire budget in ad time on Coupling. [/quote]
You mean Mike K. and Chuck G. couldn't get ad time on GSN [/quote]
Well, there goes a good joke down the drain.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 07:20:09 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

nbuckler14

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 10:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 08:40 PM\'] OK I'm officially dizzy and confused. [/quote]
Funny, that only happens to me when I see a one-line post and a five-line sig.

Seriously, guys, can we ease up on the short stories below the dotted line? [/quote]
I thought my signature was good.......  :(  :(

I guess if someone else says something about it I'll either change it or just plain out erase it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 07:51:07 PM by nbuckler14 »
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

gameshowguy2000

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 08:12:48 PM »
Oh, my signature is good. Nothing bad about it to me.

Anyway, Back on topic. I didn't get GSN until 2000. At the time I did get it, I liked watching the old TPIR shows with Johnny O. I liked them from the first time I saw them to the last time. In addition, I got to see 2 out of 3 versions of CS: Perry and Eubanks (Never saw Rafferty).

In addition, I saw HP and Blockbusters, and liked them, and even like Hollywood Showdown, and the Bergeron Squares. The $25K and $100K Pyramids brought me down Memory Lane, when I got to see those same episodes that I saw on USA, 10 years ago.

When TJW came in December, I started getting familiar with the Classic format (as I only knew the 90's format to start), and the same with TTD (ditto). Whenever I saw a Devil pop up in the bonus round, I was like "Well, they'd better win the next game, so that they can redeem themselves and win some prizes, because that's what they're guaranteed to leave with, if they bomb their next front game."

That was the ONLY Classic version I saw, the Joker's Jackpot years.

I also got familiar with Family Feud 1976, and saw how it really started. Pretty good.

So, in closing, I'll say this: The GSN we know may be gone forever, but it'll be forever etched in the hearts of me and all GSN fans nationwide and worldwide.

dzinkin

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004, 09:08:14 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:49 PM\'] I thought my signature was good.......  :(  :(

I guess if someone else says something about it I'll either change it or just plain out erase it. [/quote]
On most discussion groups, it's expected that (1) signatures are four lines or less, and (2) you don't make a habit of posting a signature that's longer than your message.  It's just considered good form... and when you don't follow the first part, it's difficult to follow the second.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 09:08:40 PM by dzinkin »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2004, 09:32:17 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 05:49 PM\'] I guess if someone else says something about it I'll either change it or just plain out erase it. [/quote]
Here's a hint: When Matt or Chris319 tell you to do something about your overly-long and utterly meaningless signature, don't wait around for a second opinion, 'cuz they're the ones in a position to do it FOR you. :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 09:33:25 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

nbuckler14

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 09:44:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 08:32 PM\'] Here's a hint: When Matt or Chris319 tell you to do something about your overly-long and utterly meaningless signature, don't wait around for a second opinion, 'cuz they're the ones in a position to do it FOR you. :) [/quote]
 Oh! I didn't know he was a Moderator.

Ok, it's changed.

*sigh* I guess while I'm at it I might as well shorten my signature down at golden-road.net.
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 09:48:18 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:44 PM\'] *sigh* I guess while I'm at it I might as well shorten my signature down at golden-road.net. [/quote]
 They would probably appreciate it. I know we do.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 10:49:19 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 10:44 PM\'] Ok, it's changed.

*sigh* I guess while I'm at it I might as well shorten my signature down at golden-road.net. [/quote]
 While power trips can be fun, of course, I didn't say anything about having to cut out everything except signing your name.  Look around, get a general sense of what other people are doing.  There's nothing wrong with a line or two.  As others are telling you, it's when your signature is WAY longer than your message that it looks goofy.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2004, 01:45:49 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 08:12 PM\'] So, in closing, I'll say this: The GSN we know may be gone forever, but it'll be forever etched in the hearts of me and all GSN fans nationwide and worldwide. [/quote]
 The problem is; that it's not really gone.  Primetime, and primetime only has changed.  You'll still see Let's Make a Deal, Press Your Luck, among countless others.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

beatlefreak84

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2004, 09:52:07 AM »
The problem is; that it's not really gone. Primetime, and primetime only has changed. You'll still see Let's Make a Deal, Press Your Luck, among countless others.

I definitely agree with this.  In fact, I think that many of these posts are again having that apocalyptic air that existed when the video game block came on.

Basically, you won't see me obsess over it until the game show part of GSN is gone for good.  However, I can definitely agree with DSmith on this one.  GSN is simply trying something new, and, if it doesn't work out, then they'll probably go back to traditional game show programming just like they did after their other experiments failed (NS and the video game block).

Moral of the story:  No, GSN will never be the same 24-hour network of classic game shows it once was.  But, yes, GSN will continue to show game shows during the day, and that's enough to make me happy.  So, don't get the image of the Four Horsemen ready yet; there's still a long way to go!

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

uncamark

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2004, 01:30:29 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 09:52 AM\']
The problem is; that it's not really gone. Primetime, and primetime only has changed. You'll still see Let's Make a Deal, Press Your Luck, among countless others.

I definitely agree with this.  In fact, I think that many of these posts are again having that apocalyptic air that existed when the video game block came on.

Basically, you won't see me obsess over it until the game show part of GSN is gone for good.  However, I can definitely agree with DSmith on this one.  GSN is simply trying something new, and, if it doesn't work out, then they'll probably go back to traditional game show programming just like they did after their other experiments failed (NS and the video game block).[/quote]
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I still feel that if this revamp bombs, Sony will be pressing for something else--like that AXN all-action show channel they do overseas.  No solid proof, just a hunch.  And no Merv, I don't want to play it with X, Y or Z.

ilb4ever2000

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2004, 02:29:18 PM »
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I still feel that if this revamp bombs, Sony will be pressing for something else--like that AXN all-action show channel they do overseas. No solid proof, just a hunch. And no Merv, I don't want to play it with X, Y or Z.

Yeah, but just how many of Sony's shows are leased out to other networks over here? Seems like they would make more money doing that than using it themselves...Plus they have to deal with Liberty. Liberty didn't buy into the network for action show reruns.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 02:35:32 PM by ilb4ever2000 »

Sport6449

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2004, 04:26:43 PM »
*Sigh*

You know Zach, if you want me to stay away, quit using my name on this board.

The next person to drag me into any discussion is getting whacked upside the head.

Please don't us my name Horan. I don't want to be linked with this place. There are so many morons on this board who can post at will because of uncaring moderators. And the allowence of old morons to return (See: Tammy Warner) really irks me.

Chuck
"Don't ask me, I just work here."

PeterMarshallFan

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2004, 04:42:10 PM »
Chuck,

You need some *$&%ing Prozac. Seriously. Sometimes I wonder if you're not a carefully crafted alias by Harvey or Grant, by the way you manage to come on here and all you do is egg the moderators on. You've made all of three posts here, two flaming Matt Kaiser for asking for assistance with his TJW production and this one.

Zach did not disrespect you. He did not flame you. He simply continued a running joke. On the other hand, all you did in that post was flame. Flame flame flame flame big ol' fiery flames.

If there's any morons on this board, I'm probably replying to one of them right now. Matt, Chris, please ban this guy so we can get on with our normal conversation. This is the big boy sandbox, and Chuck just wet his Pull-Ups.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 04:44:32 PM by PeterMarshallFan »