Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Remembering the old GSN  (Read 19672 times)

familyfeudfan

Remembering the old GSN
« on: February 01, 2004, 03:23:01 PM »
It's funny I didn't have GSN when it was in the "Dark period" But I got it 3 years ago and I find my self thinking that GSN was better in the dark period than it is know (2-1-03). When I first got GSN it was still showing password which is my favorite game show then after they stopped showing Password I enjoyed other Goodson game shows but, GSN just hasn't been the same since all of "Original" programming has come. When will it leave?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 04:01:07 PM »
NEVER! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 04:08:50 PM »
What they should do is set up a GSN2 for all the GSN originals and Reality TV, and have GSN be nothing but classics. Maybe bring back some of the classics from days of yore. :)

clemon79

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 04:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:08 PM\'] What they should do is set up a GSN2 for all the GSN originals and Reality TV, and have GSN be nothing but classics. Maybe bring back some of the classics from days of yore. :) [/quote]
 Yes, but you know it isn't gonna happen, so why keep harping about it?

Kevin Prather

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 04:15:06 PM »
Did anyone at GSN officially declare that?

PeterMarshallFan

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 04:25:13 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 05:15 PM\'] Did anyone at GSN officially declare that? [/quote]
 The day that Hollywood Connection was taken off did it for me. [ducking]

Don Howard

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 04:45:20 PM »
[quote name=\'familyfeudfan\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:23 PM\'] It's funny I didn't have GSN when it was in the "Dark period" But I got it 3 years ago and I find my self thinking that GSN was better in the dark period than it is know (2-1-03). [/quote]
 When you say "know", I suspect that you're fishing for that word which is synonymous with "currently". That word is spelled "now".
Also, know (not to be confused with now) that 2-1-03 is a date one year in the past. Today is 2-1-04. It is the 32nd day of the year of our Lord 2004. It's high time you started knowing that. Or is it nowing that?

clemon79

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 02:31:56 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:15 PM\'] Did anyone at GSN officially declare that? [/quote]
 No, but at the same time nobody at GSN has officially declared that they've bought the rights to TPiR from CBS, effective Monday, and that they're installing Andrew Dice Clay as the new host, and yet I have a feeling I'm gonna see Barker on my Tivo tomorrow.

CaseyAbell

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 08:44:16 AM »
I first got GSN it was still showing password which is my favorite game show then after they stopped showing Password I enjoyed other Goodson game shows but, GSN just hasn't been the same since all of "Original" programming has come.
Sorry to point out the obvious, but GSN is showing Password right now. Okay, it's an ungodly hour. So get TiVo and enjoy.

Ian Wallis

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004, 08:49:13 AM »
It's funny I didn't have GSN when it was in the "Dark period" But I got it 3 years ago and I find my self thinking that GSN was better in the dark period than it is

I've said many times that I enjoyed what some people refer to as "The Dark Period".  When you look back at GSN's history, it's the only time we've seen such shows as "Break the Bank", "Pass the Buck", "Go", "Hollywood Connection", "Parent Game", "$20,000 Pyramid", etc.

OK, maybe all of those shows aren't exactly earth-shattering, but it was nice to see them at least for a little while!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 08:49:54 AM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

dzinkin

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 09:49:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 02:31 AM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:15 PM\'] Did anyone at GSN officially declare that? [/quote]
No, but at the same time nobody at GSN has officially declared that they've bought the rights to TPiR from CBS, effective Monday, and that they're installing Andrew Dice Clay as the new host, and yet I have a feeling I'm gonna see Barker on my Tivo tomorrow. [/quote]
 And yet, that would give "reach into my $100 pocket" a whole new meaning. :-D

Matt Ottinger

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 10:16:05 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 08:40 PM\'] OK I'm officially dizzy and confused. [/quote]
 Funny, that only happens to me when I see a one-line post and a five-line sig.

Seriously, guys, can we ease up on the short stories below the dotted line?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dzinkin

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 10:38:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 10:16 PM\'] Seriously, guys, can we ease up on the short stories below the dotted line? [/quote]
 So you're saying I shouldn't take a fully scanned-and-OCRed copy of EOTVGS3 and use it as my sig?

(sigh)  Back to the drawing board...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 11:29:12 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 07:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 02:31 AM\'] No, but at the same time nobody at GSN has officially declared that they've bought the rights to TPiR from CBS, effective Monday, and that they're installing Andrew Dice Clay as the new host, and yet I have a feeling I'm gonna see Barker on my Tivo tomorrow. [/quote]
OK I'm officially dizzy and confused. [/quote]
 Well, then I've got just the thing for you, don't I, Mike?

Mike: That's right Don!  The new and improved sarcasm detector can be yours today for only $19.99!  But if you call in the next 10 minutes, we'll include a free game show tape!  Enjoy an unsold pilot called "Malcolm!"  But that's only if you call in the next 10 minutes!  Back to you, Don.

Don: Thank you Mike!  

Anyhow, thank you; Matt; for adressing this.  'Tis appreciated.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

GS Warehouse

Remembering the old GSN
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 12:35:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 02:55 AM\'] ..Batteries Not Included... [/quote]
Don't you mean, "Sarcasm Detector not included"?  I thought the company that made those things went bankrupt last fall because they invested their entire budget in ad time on Coupling.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 12:35:41 PM by GS Warehouse »