Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Double Dare" returns to Nick with new episodes  (Read 11293 times)

Sodboy13

Re: "Double Dare" returns to Nick with new episodes
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 12:36:16 AM »
Overall, I like the new version a lot. I don't like only the winning team keeping their money, but the game's still the same and it's not my budget, yada yada. Now, onto the EXTREMEly mild criticisms:

The bigger set has a noticeable downside when it comes to the obstacle course. Now, they have the space to lay out all eight obstacles in a basically linear fashion. In the old version, with the obstacles packed into the smaller space however they could fit them, the end product from my viewing perspective had more of a madcap, manic feel to it, where the action was coming from all directions and constantly turning around. If this gets a second season and we start seeing bigger, more intricate obstacles like in days of old, that linear feeling could be reduced.

Liza's a good host and a good fit for this generation, but her role as more of a generic cheerleader during the stunts really brings home how much Marc's play-by-play added to the proceedings.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation