Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr for a buck - you too can watch Buzzr live  (Read 33064 times)

tvwxman

Re: Buzzr for a buck - you too can watch Buzzr live
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »

Got the service (BUZZR plus MAVTV), runs like a champ on my Fire TV.  Wish they had an Apple TV app, though.

Can't watch this on an apple tv?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tpirfan28

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
Can't watch this on an apple tv?
Technically yes because the mobile app can be AirPlayed, but there is not a native app.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 09:36:51 PM »
Opera TV.

Well, today I learned that Opera TV is a thing. :) Thanks! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »
Well, today I learned that Opera TV is a thing.

Well, if NRATV is a thing, why not?

#PleaseletNRATVstopbeingathing
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 02:37:50 PM »
I think I caught the stream late, but B&W Password is currently airing, and they kept a commercial in for Bufferin. Is this a regular thing for Buzzr? It's a cool little quirk that reminds me of the "Retromercials" from TV Land.

I wasn't close to the TV, so it's possible Allen said something along the lines of "We have a message from our friends at Bufferin", and it could've been easier to just keep the spot in there.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 02:54:53 PM »
Buzzr has been pretty good in leaving in the ads that were in the original broadcasts of the B&W shows. It's how I learned that Art Fleming was once a toothpaste salesman.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TimK2003

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »
And it's the B&W eps that seem to be scheduled in 40 minute blocks.  I noticed that when I was staying at a hotel in Phoenix the other day, and they carried BUZZR on the local cable.

snowpeck

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 05:47:24 PM »
They edit out any tobacco ads, of course, but all other original commercials are left in the B&W shows. It's pretty cool.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 01:57:00 AM »
Well, today I learned that Opera TV is a thing.

Well, if NRATV is a thing, why not?

#PleaseletNRATVstopbeingathing

Remember when Opera TV used to be Bravo?

Tim L

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 02:30:45 AM »
I've had the NKT $9.95 Package for a couple months now.  Aside from Buzzr and some public access and religious channels I get Comet, GetTV, CoziTV, Bounce, LightTV,   ThisTV, RFD TV and local WTLW-Channel 44 from Lima, Ohio..All but RFD are digital subchannels.  I also have HuluLive, which gives me only NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX from Cleveland but a decent selection of Cable Channels.(Plus all their on demand)  About $59 a month not including Internet Access..

Saves me 60 a month (Including Internet) from what I'd be paying Spectrum for their TV package.

Just saw TNTS and Nighttime Password the other day..

aaron sica

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 11:02:13 AM »
For those of you who don't want to pony up a dollar...

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/game-show-net-buzzr-launches-live-streaming

Within the article: "Buzzr is eyeing a pair of “name-brand” game shows outside of the Fremantle collective, said the GM, and hopes to premier them later this year.", which helps explain the survey.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »
https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/game-show-net-buzzr-launches-live-streaming

Within the article: "Buzzr is eyeing a pair of “name-brand” game shows outside of the Fremantle collective, said the GM, and hopes to premier them later this year.", which helps explain the survey.

Marvelous news.  I think I get just about every retro subchannel except Buzzr.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 12:30:33 PM »
Wow, that's marvelous. I will be interested to see how well it works on tablets and phones and FireTVs and Rokus and such, because the NKT.TV app, while not fantastic, at least has a wide presence, and if it's a pain it may be worth continuing to pay the buck just to have remote device access.

(On the other hand, if a browser bookmark is all it takes, yay! I gotta think someone will make a Roku app if that's all it takes, and them offering it for free means they *want* that stream out there, unless they are counting on the revenue through ad views on the page, which isn't going to end well for them.)

BrandonFG

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »
So, would it be correct to assume that Buzzr is putting affiliate expansion on the back burner, and realizing that streaming may be the more feasible option?

Not complaining either way, but it seems like they're taking a more aggressive approach to streaming (and of course cord-cutters), which is smart IMO. A Roku app would be awesome.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

KWJCDon

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 06:05:08 PM »
While a buck a month is great I am not impressed with the app. It freezes on me constantly. The only way to get it going again is to restart my phone. Loving the programming though! Just my .02 cents worth.